LEGO outdid itself with Star Wars exhibit in Times Square!

legopocalypse

I was going to buy one, but then I would need a new garage for it....

Ha! Bad enough the wife opens every closet and see boxes full of Legos, then she goes into the garage and I gotta hear, "Babe, why is there an X Wing parked in the garage?" Move along, move along, this is not the garage you are looking for.

Ha! Bad enough the wife opens every closet and see boxes full of Legos, then she goes into the garage and I gotta hear, "Babe, why is there an X Wing parked in the garage?" Move along, move along, this is not the garage you are looking for.

It would make the commute more enjoyable.

Ha! Bad enough the wife opens every closet and see boxes full of Legos, then she goes into the garage and I gotta hear, "Babe, why is there an X Wing parked in the garage?" Move along, move along, this is not the garage you are looking for.It would make the commute more enjoyable.Only if I can actually fire the proton torpedoes

I was there for the ceremony. It was well attended by at least 100 people. No promotional items were given out. However, there was a mini-x-wing "build and take" event. The event organizers also allow you to have your picture taken with you at the pilot seat of the life-size x-wing.

Only a hundred people?? It probably took more than that to design, build, transport, and set up the model. Also, were you the guy who wouldn't clear the walkway? ha just kidding

Clear the walkway, please clear the walkway, clear the walkway please, we gotta clear the walkway, clear the walkway, we need this walkway cleared, please, we are gonna take you in if you don't clear the walkway, please keep the walkway clear, please clear the walkway, clear the walkway, we need to keep this walkway clear, this walkway needs to be kept clear please. Please keep this walkway clear, clear the walkway please.

Clear the walkway, please clear the walkway, clear the walkway please, we gotta clear the walkway, clear the walkway, we need this walkway cleared, please, we are gonna take you in if you don't clear the walkway, please keep the walkway clear, please clear the walkway, clear the walkway, we need to keep this walkway clear, this walkway needs to be kept clear please. Please keep this walkway clear, clear the walkway please.

:snake:

Isn't that the truth? For a whole minute it seemed that's all you heard and people just standing there staring. :blank:

Doncha just love New Yorkers?

It sucks that it's built exactly like the old Lego set instead of being movie accurate. :(

Yeah but it still is impressive as heck though. It really does look like a giant sized Lego model! Now I know what it looks like from a minifigures point of view.

What a shocker, they built another x-wing! Pretty cool though

I know right? Never in a million years would I have guessed Lego building yet another X-Wing! Nope! No never! :lol:

I just read a press release about it: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-star-wars-x-wing-official-details

LEGO Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter Model Fun Facts

- Contains 5,335,200 LEGO bricks

- Weighs 45,980 pounds

- Height: 11 feet / 3.35 meters

- Length: 43 feet / 13.1 meters

- Wingspan: 44 feet / 13.44 meters

- 32 builders spent 17,336 hours to construct