PLEASE READ ABOUT FORUM UPGRADE!

I am just writing to let people know that at any time, the forum may come down and it may come down for a few hours or honestly an unspecified period of time. I may not shut the forum down completely, but may remove the permission to post and reply to or add new topics. Hopefully everything will go smooth, I know there will be some things that are not there at the start and will need to catch up on a few features, but it will eventually get put together. I don't have an ETA for this, but it will be soon. Just be patient with the updated one once it switches over, I am sure there will be a few things that need to be sorted Jeff

What kind of upgrades?

Ones that may be too powerful for a young padawan such as yourself to handle. These updates are so powerful, we may be able to launch satellites with them. Very top secret stuff!!! Shhhhh....

Now to be serious, the forum will be very much like Eurobricks with all the features that are available there. Adding Images, videos, multi-quotes, etc. Everything is just light years ahead of this one. It will take a few days to sort out the bugs and stuff, but we will get there. Once its all done, it should improve the overall quality of the forum since it can be more interactive.

Just a few things to note. Items like Polls, Private Messages, Signatures will not carry over, so if there is anything of importance within the private messages, print them out, take screenshots, etc.

Are you saying that the current forum polls will be wiped? :ahhh:

I am just writing to let people know that at any time, the forum may come down and it may come down for a few hours or honestly an unspecified period of time. I may not shut the forum down completely, but may remove the permission to post and reply to or add new topics. Hopefully everything will go smooth, I know there will be some things that are not there at the start and will need to catch up on a few features, but it will eventually get put together. I don't have an ETA for this, but it will be soon. Just be patient with the updated one once it switches over, I am sure there will be a few things that need to be sorted

Jeff

For a moment I thought you fallen in love with Megablocks or Playmobil

The forums are a huge upgrade over our current system. We have been working on it in secret for a couple of months. There are some very cool features such as personal blogs, rankings, awards besides the ones Jeff mentioned. The video and image capability is amazing.

Are you saying that the current forum polls will be wiped? :ahhh: Yes, we are not going to spend days figuring out how to save a few polls. They are not that important overall. I was wondering how that data was going to translate over. Well that answers that question. Guess we'll just have to do those polls all over again! :-):blank::ohh::grrr::gulp: Oh bugger....

Just a few things to note. Items like Polls, Private Messages, Signatures will not carry over, so if there is anything of importance within the private messages, print them out, take screenshots, etc.

Thanks for the warning about the messages! I just went and got them into Evernote.

I have been reading the forum for months, but just started posting today. I actually like the forums, but good for you guys for continuing to give more to your members. I look forward to see what you do.

The look of the forum will remain very similar. But there will be a ton more options and image/video capabilities. Also, a LEGO/BrickPicker based ranking system, better BrickPoints system, awards/special markings, personal blogs that let you use your own graphics and Emoticons of course.

I was wondering how that data was going to translate over. Well that answers that question. Guess we'll just have to do those polls all over again! :-):blank::ohh::grrr::gulp: Oh bugger....

Time to revamp all of those 'what is your favorite minifigure from Series 7' polls...  ;)