MAY 4th AFTERTHOUGHTS

To each his own on how they sell. But I personally factor in my time invested selling an item (packing, creating auction, driving to post office etc) so selling for a $20 profit would be more or less breaking even for me. Everyone's entitled to their own style and perception of what works best.

Guest AnnexBrett

I think this whole thread should be a "continuation" of the legendary 'LEGO May the 4th US Specials!!!' topic, rather than another newly started one! My addition to the thread itself is: 1- #10227 has the worst box size VS. No. of piece ratio EVER! The set itself cool, but clearly has design flaws. 2 - Chima extra promo stuff is worth nothing (thats why it was thrown out with the US orders) - however here in canada we are not even good LEGO consumers enuf for TLG to include this in the orders...or Chima is selling well up here so no need for givaways! 3 - Han is a cool minifig, detailed but it will only have significant value to the future hardcore minifig collectors who are little child now and dont even know they will be a minifig collector! Everyone else has claimed one of Han already! 4 - The hype was enormous about the online orders and eventually 99.9 % of the orders were processed and shipped HOWEVER I think TLG made a huge mistake not to rule out or supervise local store sale practices during the event (every single lego store has its own rule of the promo sale) I think thats all...

Box size is of huge importance for investors with limited storage space. I'm at the point where I have to get a climate controlled storage unit, which will cut into my profits.

I am in the same boat. Unfortunately, there is not a storage facility within 20 miles of me that has climate controlled. We are now planning to wall off our third car garage and installing an AC unit. All said and done, it still cheaper than a 10x10 climate controlled unit - and the drive to get there.

Guest AnnexBrett

knorbika, What does it matter on box size and no. of pieces. Also, what design flaws does this set have? I built this set and had no problems. Aside from Chima being worth nothing what does it matter? A UCS Star Wars LEGO set at 50% off is enough.

As others said as well box size matters big time in the lego investing! 10227 is the same size than 10224 - Tower bridge with less than half of No. of pieces! Did the box size stopped me to order more of this great deal? Yes it did!

Design flaws: The bottom part of the ship falls off just looking at it, great looking set however very fragile IMO!

Chima: I meant I would not count the chima promo as an added value of the deal since I believe it worth "nothing" in the investing stand point.

The deal itself: yes P off of any lego set is a great deal! But lets put into the account that the deal was out there because 10227 simply did not sell for the MSRP.

Guest AnnexBrett

I will bet if you put the Chima set on Craigslist out for $5, I am sure you will have people buying them immediately. So I suppose it worth something. I believe this is a great Christmas gift for around 15-20 bucks, don't you?

Yeah Everything has a price I suppose...!