MAY 4th AFTERTHOUGHTS

Ok, So I know we have a large post for the May 4th specials. But now, I would like some afterthoughts on some of what you guys and gals decided to do or did with your B-wings and Han Solo Hoths. For me I purchased 10 seperate orders. I am kind of surprised people priced their stuff so low. Its just so dumb to me. Anyways, Prices on both are coming down. Hoth was selling for 19.99 all day, now it seems like 14.99. Bwings are going for about 150 now. Did most of you sell? For me its just not worth it. Dont you think all the Hoths will be gone soon at the rate they are going. I feel like Christmas time you could easily get $30 apiece. For the Bwings I am thinking at least $175 at Christmas if not full price. What are your thoughts? I have 10 of each.

I think Hoth Han will continue to drop to about $10 through Christmas. B-Wing will still be selling for below retail until next summer. Chima promo will be dead in the water. You won't even be able to give them away at Chrismas. They will be like a fruitcake. Re-gifted and hated by all who receive it.

Ok, So I know we have a large post for the May 4th specials. But now, I would like some afterthoughts on some of what you guys and gals decided to do or did with your B-wings and Han Solo Hoths. For me I purchased 10 seperate orders. I am kind of surprised people priced their stuff so low. Its just so dumb to me. Anyways, Prices on both are coming down. Hoth was selling for 19.99 all day, now it seems like 14.99. Bwings are going for about 150 now. Did most of you sell? For me its just not worth it. Dont you think all the Hoths will be gone soon at the rate they are going. I feel like Christmas time you could easily get $30 apiece. For the Bwings I am thinking at least $175 at Christmas if not full price. What are your thoughts? I have 10 of each.

These things have been discussed extensively in said post.

Why do you think hoth will go so low? Lego is not producing them anymore. The only way to have gotten hoth was on that day. Unless I am wrong. Am I?

I guess because even if there weren't that many issued out, there wasn't a strong desire/demand for them. The general consensus seems to be that most people didn't really care for the figure. So there isn't a large population of people that are willing to pay a high price.

I enjoyed the deals this year. I don't think any of the things I got will resale well inside of the next year, but I personally enjoy everything. The B-wing is cool, Hoth Han is very detailed, and the Chima my niece and nephew will enjoy or a child in need through Toys for Tots.

I think some people need to take a step backward and hold onto some of their 'investment' sets for a little more than 2 weeks. Just sayin'...

Impatience gets people every time.

I can't see Hoth Han doing as well as K-3PO but that is my opinion. I think it will be an average seller.

As for the B-Wing, well I am happy people are doing a quick flip with these. Means I am able to get them at reasonable prices! I think they are crazy for not holding onto them though, and see people regretting it further down the road.

you are a wise man! I don't understand people on eBay flipping these for 30 or 40 dollar profit.

Why not? its profit... sure you could make more but by then they can flip 4 more sets and make more than you with 1 b-wing :P

people use different tactics.

you are a wise man! I don't understand people on eBay flipping these for 30 or 40 dollar profit. I am in the same boat as you guys and would surely hold for a while myself, but to be fair some of those people may not have the room to keep a bunch of boxes that large to sit around for a year or two. Others may be flipping these quick to invest in what they feel is a better winner. Or even a number of those quick flippers are just regular sellers that bought the B-Wing simply cause it was on a heavy duty sale and will flip for a quick buck.

I'm not defending anyone; just saying there could be different reasons to consider, that's all.

Why not? Because its a large UCS set with tons of potential, its common sense really.

Yeah but you can tell every set selling now it will appreciate more if they keep it (MISB) people sell when they choose to...

Just like some people flip for 10$ others do for 40$ I dont see a problem with it, quite honestly you should be happy for those flipping now since that is exactly what will make your sets valued higher...

you are a wise man! I don't understand people on eBay flipping these for 30 or 40 dollar profit.

Why not? its profit... sure you could make more but by then they can flip 4 more sets and make more than you with 1 b-wing :P

people use different tactics.

I agree to this. Different styles for different folks when it comes to how to yield a good return especially in consideration of how long a person holds onto a set.

I agree with you on this Stephen, yes those selling now are making a profit, but some of the ones I've seen selling lately are going for $120-140 so those people are barley breaking even after fees, etc. As Ed said before, people need to take a step back and not rush to sell. Yes you can sell now and maybe make a small profit, but why do that when you know you could make a larger profit later down the road. As Stephen said, it's common sense and much smarter to hold. I've been doing this awhile and have tried different tactics with different sets over the years and doing flip quicks for small profits is more hassle than it's worth IMO. Just be patient people, you will be much happier in the long run, trust me!

Yeah, I hope a crap ton of these cheaper ones get opened and are not just people sitting on them. If you look at the demand in Southeast Asia for 10179's 10175's 10143's etc I think our ticket will be the hundreds of thousands of fans over there who never had a chance to get them less than 280-300 USD.

I totally agree with most of you guys. Crazy to sell now and take such a small profit. Taking a step back and waiting more than 2 weeks is dead on. Actually, just wait a couple months. I would say many people already put them up for sale. Once many sell off the price will climb back up IMO. Same for the Hoth Han, thats a $20 figure all day long. Just wait.