Grand Opening Super Set

RunMan3

I wonder what time she/he had to get in line to get all of this from two different days. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-SUPER-Grand-Opening-Package-Deal-W-3300003-Plus-Mini-Figs-Set-And-More-/161029708805?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item257e1e5c05

I just got notification in the mail that they are opening a new Lego store in a mall here in San Antonio. The postcard mentioned they are building a giant R2D2 and it says everyone gets a special R2D2 brick with the store name on it, but that's it. They didn't talk about all of these other freebies. If they are offering the store set though, I feel like it would be worth it to try and get that.

I just got notification in the mail that they are opening a new Lego store in a mall here in San Antonio. The postcard mentioned they are building a giant R2D2 and it says everyone gets a special R2D2 brick with the store name on it, but that's it. They didn't talk about all of these other freebies. If they are offering the store set though, I feel like it would be worth it to try and get that.

Did it say when it was being opened? I'm going there in January for a conference, would love to stop by if it is open by then. I love San Antonio by the way, was just there this last June as well for another conference.

Did it say when it was being opened? I'm going there in January for a conference, would love to stop by if it is open by then. I love San Antonio by the way, was just there this last June as well for another conference.

I just found a link, and yeah, they are offering the other freebies. You have to spend 75 bucks to get the Lego store set though, so I don't know if I'll be able to convince Wifey. Looks like the store opens May 24th...if you aren't going to be back here until January you have plenty of time.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/worldwide-news/north-star-go/?shareurl=http://stores.lego.com/en-us/?id=A1422D2B-C81D-4B5D-BEE0-82EE5882C57D

If it's like here in St. Louis they gave a shirt with $50 purchase on Friday, the Store Set with $75 purchase on Saturday and the MiniFigs with $50 purchase on Sunday. So to get everything on the listing you would have had to been among the first 300 on all three days. I was there on Saturday and the waiting line was really long. At one time it was down at least two very long halls within the mall and then out into the parking lot. So if you're going and want to be sure you get the free items I would recommend getting there early.

To be one of the first 300 customers on Saturday, how many hours before store opening did one have to get in line?

Thanks.

The Lego Store in St. Louis is in a mall and did not open until 10:00. I was with two of my daughters which absolutely wanted to be near the front of the line. They found out the mall opens at 6:00 for walkers so we were there when the mall doors opened just prior to 6:00 and were in a group of about 15 people. The line did not get long until later in the morning. We kept looking back and thinking the line was not getting much longer but later found out the line was forming in maintenance hallways off to the side of main mall corridor so I

I'm actually headed to the Grand opening of the San Antonio LEGO store this weekend. I don't plan on killing my feet over some silly sets though. I have better ways to spend my time. That, and the woman won't want to wait that long with a bored 4 year old!

I was thinking about showing up there in San Antonio for this, but after reading some of the feedback on here I probably won't. I value my time quite a bit and for me, being there on a Saturday morning that early just for the privilege of spending 75 bucks to get that store model just isn't worth my time or fuel, not to mention having to spend that 75 dollars on full-priced items.

I was thinking about showing up there in San Antonio for this, but after reading some of the feedback on here I probably won't. I value my time quite a bit and for me, being there on a Saturday morning that early just for the privilege of spending 75 bucks to get that store model just isn't worth my time or fuel, not to mention having to spend that 75 dollars on full-priced items.

If you're not that into the Lego store set, you can spend your $75, and sell the set. You will have free Lego, guaranteed.

I agree. If I had not been there to keep my daughters company there is no way it would have been worth it to me. If you figure your time and having to buy stuff at MSRP it is definitely not worth the time and effort.