How many LEGO sets do you buy in a month on average?

whiteboy02

I'm not sure if my average (if I even have one) is around ten honestly and they are almost always small to medium ones; I have yet to buy a $80-$100 set before. Collectible Minifigures hardly count since they are not a 'set' and I barely pick up a couple every now and again. My purchases anymore have really been trying to get sets on decent discounts coupled with older ones I would think will be retiring soon or at least not be carried in store over anything brand new. A lot of this is part of the reason I've been putting more effort than before into some side projects for a little extra income.

Too many. I am taking a few months off here though, no more purchases for me. Time to move some inventory and reassess the market.

But what if there is a good sale? I tell myself this same thing on occasion and then think, but what if there is a sale? Then I'm roped back in.

Guest eightbrick

1 maybe 2; I have a small budget. What I really want to know is how many Jeff and Ed buy.... I'm putting my guess at 25-35

1 maybe 2; I have a small budget. What I really want to know is how many Jeff and Ed buy.... I'm putting my guess at 25-35

With 5/4 promo and that sale at Target.com last Monday, I am pretty sure they break the number already. And it is not even the middle of the month yet..

As for me, my budget is not even close to some of the posters above

Guest eightbrick

With 5/4 promo and that sale at Target.com last Monday, I am pretty sure they break the number already. And it is not even the middle of the month yet..

As for me, my budget is not even close to some of the posters above

OK.... 100. Each.

But what if there is a good sale? I tell myself this same thing on occasion and then think, but what if there is a sale? Then I'm roped back in. Good sale or not, sometimes you can't afford anymore without doing something foolish like taking out a loan or getting in debt. I know what you are getting at and I try to have something left on the side for any possible sale but even then it is difficult to always have enough extra cash to make every discount that pops up worthwhile. So instead of me just complaining about it anymore, I'll do the other thing by finding means to earn some extra money.

That's like cheating!!! A set should contain more then 50 pieces, and comes in a box. There are polybags with that many pieces contained like those from the Brickmaster books, and then you have ones like the Mini Hogwarts Express with 64 parts and the more recent Star Wars polybags such as Z-95 Headhunter and Republic Frigate both with 54 parts. I agree a set should at least have a number of parts and maybe a minifigure included which is why to me the Collectible Minifigures are not 'sets'. I don't think the container has much relevance to what defines a set really; a lot of odd ones out there in various types of packages.

But what if there is a good sale? I tell myself this same thing on occasion and then think, but what if there is a sale? Then I'm roped back in. Good sale or not, sometimes you can't afford anymore without doing something foolish like taking out a loan or getting in debt. I know what you are getting at and I try to have something left on the side for any possible sale but even then it is difficult to always have enough extra cash to make every discount that pops up worthwhile. So instead of me just complaining about it anymore, I'll do the other thing by finding means to earn some extra money.

It's not easy. I personally have come up against picking some themes to follow and other's to leave behind, but if I did that I might have to face aftermarket prices to get the sets I want later on. I'll figure something out! It's tough when Lego continues to produce wonderful sets!