My Amazing Haul Today

All boxes are in excellent condition. The only "damage" is the stupid red and white sticker they put on them that's difficult to remove.

If you use a high end/professional hair dryer or a heat gun, and hold it over the stickers, the glue will start to melt amd the stickets come off. Although, some toy collectors want the retail stickers on the product though. Awesome haul though!!!

When we list things we usually just take it off of the one that we take pictures of...messing with stickers can be a huge waste of time.

Booooo! I'd be pissed if I wasnt informed i was going to receive a box with a nasty clearance sticker. That's false advertising, double bubble.

The problem with being 16 and not all that rich is that if I saw great deals like this, I couldn't capitalize on them. :down: It also doesn't help to be a very stingy, deliberate buyer.

+1! Which is exactly why you are lucky enough to be getting a summer job. You can probably double your collection with the money from your job because you have exactly zero living fees (unless you parents start to charge you rent!) ;)

Good luck..it's awesome to have access to out of the way WalMarts where there is less competition for these items.

This is purely speculation, but it seems like some WalMarts function as "collection centers" or something such as that for clearance items. There is one near me in DFW that almost always has a good clearance section, and seems to have 2-3 times the amount a normal WalMart has.

I think this is indeed the case. There's a Walmart by me that is the source of my most INCREDIBLE finds (Helms Deep for $25.00, Queen Anne's Revenge for $39.99, etc). I've only found more standard clearance at other Walmarts in the area.

I remember some employee telling me that there is usually one store that collects clearance from other stores and attempts one last clearance on it before they send it back to be "reclaimed" by the company (I'm not sure what that entails). This is probably so the other stores aren't all aren't stuck with a ton of clearance items and forced to post huge losses, etc.

I really wish I had an inside look into the Walmart clearance process...

Also, Josh, how far South Texas are we talking....?

+1! Which is exactly why you are lucky enough to be getting a summer job. You can probably double your collection with the money from your job because you have exactly zero living fees (unless you parents start to charge you rent!) ;)

I do a funny little thing called saving. You should look into it. :gulp:

Just curious if you can post a pic if the receipt. Feel free to blackout sensitive info.

Here's a partial. There are too many other non-LEGO things that we bought there as well that I don't want to disclose and don't want to spend the time blacking out. This snippet shows the most things in a row that are LEGO.

Booooo! I'd be pissed if I wasnt informed i was going to receive a box with a nasty clearance sticker. That's false advertising, double bubble.

I know you're messing with me, but we do disclose in our listings that price tags and stickers might appear on the items. If I'm listing multiples of something on a BIN I'm not about to take pictures of every individual item. We've never had an issue with this.

I remember some employee telling me that there is usually one store that collects clearance from other stores and attempts one last clearance on it before they send it back to be "reclaimed" by the company (I'm not sure what that entails). This is probably so the other stores aren't all aren't stuck with a ton of clearance items and forced to post huge losses, etc.

I've suspected this...I think I found that store for all of Arkansas this weekend.

I know you're messing with me, but we do disclose in our listings that price tags and stickers might appear on the items. If I'm listing multiples of something on a BIN I'm not about to take pictures of every individual item. We've never had an issue with this.

Lol yeah just joshin ya. By the way, i sold 1 lot of hot wheels already :) Thanks again for the shipping advice.

Lol yeah just joshin ya. By the way, i sold 1 lot of hot wheels already :) Thanks again for the shipping advice.

I meant to tell you a 4x4x4 cube for just a normal Hot Wheels. I was thinking it was one of those long Monster Jams things...

I'm in Kingsville today, about 30 minutes from Corpus Christi, and may hit a couple other areas near the Gulf.

I live way down in this corner of Texmex. Kingsville is an hour north of me. I wouldn't bother coming further south, I don't think I left you much.

=P

It's all good. Didn't find any "special" clearance, but I cleaned them out of the MF they had left, they had VCs still so I grabbed all except a couple that had badly damaged boxes.

It's all good. Didn't find any "special" clearance, but I cleaned them out of the MF they had left, they had VCs still so I grabbed all except a couple that had badly damaged boxes.

That's the main risk I deal with when letting clearance here drop. The kids are completely fascinated with tearing open the boxes, polybags, and minifig pouches especially.