My Amazing Haul Today

Sorry guys, but I have to brag a little bit about today's accidental 1 store find. Last night my wife, kid, and I drove to Arkansas for a 1 night/1 day trip to Crate of Diamonds State Park. We've been before, but our kid hasn't and we wanted to let him run around and look for diamonds. We didn't plan to pick stores between here and there, but we did stop on the way and pick a couple of WalMart's. We had some decent finds on the way, but no specific LEGO home runs. Today we went to the park. We didn't find any diamonds, but we had a good time. On the way back we decided to stop at a random WalMart in the middle of nowhere Arkansas. It had three full rows of clearance. Here's what we bought: 10xFriends 3942 Heartlake Dog Show @$12 each 11xNinjago 9455 Fangpyre Mech @$12 each 3x3368 Space Center @$49 each 4x4208 4x4 Fire Truck @$9 each 4xNinjago 9449 Ultrasonic Raider @$49 each 5x9470 LOTR Shelob Attacks @$12 each 5x9471 LOTR Urak-Hai Army @$19 each 5x9472 LOTR Attack on Weathertop@$35 each 5x9473 LOTR Mines of Moria@$49 each 3x9468 Vampyre Castle@$69 We found several other non-LEGO items as well. This is my first significant foray into LOTR. Honestly I don't know what to make of that theme, but these prices were excellent so I decided to bite. Arkansas has much higher sales tax than Texas, but even after the 9.75% sales tax these were still excellent deals. It appears that there are no investors in the middle of nowhere Arkansas. Of course the woman at the checkout had some comments.... There were many other LEGO items we left on the shelf. A bunch of Monster Fighters that we feel like we have enough of, some Star Wars battlepacks that were at a good price, some discounted super hero sets, and even some City sets that were really good deals. If we'd had more space we would have cleaned them out. We would have cleaned them out of polybags, but oddly only 1 was discounted, and it was a Star Wars Republic Frigate that we got for .97. We were in my wife's SUV (thankfully) but with everything we bought and everything we took on the trip we were out of space.

Some high scoring points there! Nice haul.

I can only imagine what your SUV looked like packed with Lego sets driving down the road. :lol:

Thankfully the Windows are tinted...The back was completely full up to the roof, and we had a few things in the back seat next to my kid's car seat.

Wow, nice haul. You've inspired me...I'm visiting a small Podunk South Texas town today that has one Walmart so I'm gonna patrol the shelves tomorrow in the hopes of finding deals like you did.

Good luck..it's awesome to have access to out of the way WalMarts where there is less competition for these items.

This is purely speculation, but it seems like some WalMarts function as "collection centers" or something such as that for clearance items. There is one near me in DFW that almost always has a good clearance section, and seems to have 2-3 times the amount a normal WalMart has.

Great find. I never can find deals like that around my house. Here in central NJ, there are just too many people who are educated with money and know a deal when they see one.

Yeah, I was not far from there a couple of weeks ago in Delaware and I left very disappointed. The best deals there were at B&******. I realize I was near South Jersey, but by "not far" I'm using Texas scale.

This one I hit today was about 4 hours from my home. Not somewhere I'll drive to on a regular basis.

I had a minor score once at a WalMart near Morristown, but I think it was a pricing error more so than a real clearance.

I wish my walmarts and targets had clearance deals like I hear many members on here talk about. I have never seen a single lego set on clearance ever here in Hawaii. Great deals you got.

Even worse, don't they have special Hawaii pricing that's higher than the mainland?

What did they say to you at checkout? You can't leave us hanging.

It wasn't anything memorable. Some nonsense like "does your kid like LEGOs"...

She was definitely not happy when my bank declined the charge and I had to call them to have the block on my card cleared.

All boxes are in excellent condition. The only "damage" is the stupid red and white sticker they put on them that's difficult to remove.

If you use a high end/professional hair dryer or a heat gun, and hold it over the stickers, the glue will start to melt amd the stickets come off. Although, some toy collectors want the retail stickers on the product though. Awesome haul though!!!

All boxes are in excellent condition. The only "damage" is the stupid red and white sticker they put on them that's difficult to remove.

If you use a high end/professional hair dryer or a heat gun, and hold it over the stickers, the glue will start to melt amd the stickets come off. Although, some toy collectors want the retail stickers on the product though. Awesome haul though!!!

When we list things we usually just take it off of the one that we take pictures of...messing with stickers can be a huge waste of time.