May the 4th Deals Revealed May 3rd at 8pm EST

I'm the same way, I really would just like to get one to build/display. If I can get one extra for investment that's just a bonus.

I have one on display and it is pretty awesome. I think it looks cooler than some of the other UCS sets. Sadly, I only got this on a double VIP promotion...nothing like the B-eautiful price we might get at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ph4tb0i

looks like somebody on SlickDeals spilled the Beans http://slickdeals.net/f/6003622-B-wing-starfighter-10227-will-be-half-price-at-all-lego-stores-5-4-and-5-5-100?p=59216440&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=470&utm_content=u2151942&utm_campaign=tu-9999#post59216440

Slightly OT, to the B-Wing owners, does the stand allow you to display it standing on its long side (like a cross or a big letter I) ? Or do you have to basically display it on an angle ?

The only way I get mine to stay on the stand is at an angle.

The set is absolutely beautiful but you can't breathe on it without something popping off, which is very sad.

I'm also tempted to use a glue or loc tite when I get my basement aligned for a display.

And once again the Slickdeals forum prove why they're the most hated on the Internet.

Who hates the Slickdeals forum for this and why?

Retailers. Often this information gets leaked early by an insider or through someone who works for the company conducting the sale, and the companies involved have thrown some serious fits about it. A website similar to slickdeals, cheapassgamer.com, that specializes in video game deals, actually had a class action lawsuit pending against them from Circuit City back in 2007, and CC tried to subpoena the domain owner over a leaked sales ad showing up on the website early:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/23/cheapyd-makes-motion-to-quash-circuit-city-subpoena/

Slickdeals has often been accused of similar actions, but I don't know if anyone has tried to press charges.

How is this forum any diffrent? Peeps hav been posting about this deal for days?

A few reasons. For one, no one involved directly with the ownership of this site leaked anything. They may have speculated, but that's it. You notice they are respecting Lego's requests to wait until tomorrow. Secondly, they didn't post any actual scans or flyers of sale material, unlike what happened with the Cheapy D case.

About Slickdeals, I find that it's in most cases a matter of perception and probably notoriety - This site, for example, is fairly new and only has a few hundred members. Slickdeals has been around, has thousands of members, and is well known for leaked sale information. Because much of the leaked sale information posted on Slickdeals has turned out to be true, it is easy to make a logically deductive argument that this pattern will continue, and that future deal postings will also be true. Just my two cents.

I am going to try to pick one up tomorrow night and then head to the store on Saturday morning to see if they have limits. 50% off a current set is a screaming deal, if indeed the rumors are true. I will be here at 8 tomorrow for the big announcement. It really says a lot for the integrity of this website and just how far it has come that LEGO is willing to share data. Great job again!

So just to be clear, we the community of investors feel this set will do well despite the "fall apart" problems?

Is that why it's being discounted so much?

Maybe they improved the design and are selling off the original version. They just did it with a City set where they made a change, and Shuttle Adventure was changed under a new number.

This site, for example, is fairly new and only has a few hundred members

Hey we have a little than just a few hundred members ;)

I agree with you though. Sure it would have been real easy to post everything, but there was nice bold red letters to asked us to kindly not reveal anything until tomorrow after 8pm. The last people Ed and I want to tick off is LEGO itself

I agree with you though. Sure it would have been real easy to post everything, but there was nice bold red letters to asked us to kindly not reveal anything until tomorrow after 8pm. The last people Ed and I want to tick off is LEGO itself

You can't bite the hand that feeds you, even if the hand is made of plastic bricks. Kudos to the Macks, though, for being on the radar of TLG. Maybe they do keep a closer eye on the secondary market than we may suppose?

Sorry, didn't mean to undercut you guys. I was trying to show the gap in user base and probably should have said thousands versus tens of thousands. If it means anything though, I kind of enjoy the intimacy of this place as a smaller site, though I do hope for the success of this place that it grows even larger and your hard work pays off.

Today, I called two of my nearest Lego stores to confirm B-Wing promotion. They both openly told me that they will be half off and limit to 3 per customer. They also said the deal is for both in store and online. I'd encourage anyone to check with your nearest Lego store as well. May the 4th be with you!

Sorry, didn't mean to undercut you guys. I was trying to show the gap in user base and probably should have said thousands versus tens of thousands. If it means anything though, I kind of enjoy the intimacy of this place as a smaller site, though I do hope for the success of this place that it grows even larger and your hard work pays off.

Unfortunately, the people you see on the forums is only a very small portion of the overall user base. Very small.