More Gossip from the Milton Keynes Lego Store

Disclaimer - Awooga Awooga. This is gossip, it may not be correct. Hell it may be completely wrong. Any losses occurred from listening to me are entirely your own fault. :P End of Disclaimer. :) OK, I visited my local store today. Spoke to a very helpful person. I sometimes think we give the store employees a bit of a hard rap, most of them, at least the ones in my local area, are happy to help and talk Lego. They are all young but I have not met one to whom their job is just a "summer" job eg: like those so helpful kids you find at MacDonalds or the Supermarket most of whom could not give a.......... ahem.... anyway. She openly admited they are always hearing different things internally, one day this set is definitely ending. The next day it is not. So take this with the usual grain of salt etc......... LOTR 2012 sets are NOT all ending. She thinks maybe 3 are. The only one she knows for sure is 9474 Helm's Deep, going in June. Emazers said the same in this thread http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3203/ But just to prove how variable gossip can be, someone else in the same store told me all LOTR were going in June. Anyway I bought a 9472 today just in case. Fire Brigade IS going - not sure when, probably buy the end of this year. She thought it was unusual that it had not gone yet now that Palace Cinema is out. Tower Bridge will most likely hang around to the end of the year as they do not usually end Exclusive sets mid year. Although if it is Exclusive, why is it for sale in Amazon etc...

If you look at sets like the Tower Bridge (Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower), they usually end at the end of the year. Which will mean that the Tower Bridge will likely end anywhere between September and November, or shortly after they announce a new large set.

I've got a feeling the orc forge is going to stay around a while (maybe the only one of the first wave). Both my Target and Lego store both had quite a few in stock of late (unlike the past couple of months) and I think TLG may have anticipated a greater demand b/c of the tower of orthanc coming out. Weathertop gone, helm's deep: gone soon, uruk-hai: gone soon b/c relationship to helm's deep, moria? who knows, but probably gone b/c of similarity to goblin king set, gandalf arrives: probably gone soon b/c there is a lot of gandalf out there and interest is going to wane.

Maybe Lego employees aren't so great at predicting eol dates, but they certainly know about upcoming sets. The manager at my store knew all about the new ucs x-wing and the tower of orthanc well before they were officially announced. And he says the opera house will replace tower bridge this year. I believe him.

Maybe Lego employees aren't so great at predicting eol dates, but they certainly know about upcoming sets. The manager at my store knew all about the new ucs x-wing and the tower of orthanc well before they were officially announced. And he says the opera house will replace tower bridge this year. I believe him.

I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona......you interested ;)

I don't think amazon is a good gage of when something is going out. If the lego site was discounting them (like they discounted hogwarts last christmas) then that would be a better giveaway. I don't suspect lego is going to do any discounting this time around b/c the licensing/line is still active (they probably couldn't sell harry patter merch. after the end of the year w/out extending contract). They will sell until they just don't have any more. Amazon may be discounting b/c they just have a lot of unsold product. They know that if they don't move a bit of it now it might sitting in their storage facilities longer than they want b/c people are going to be buying the new stuff.

Seriously though I think they probably know about new sets coming out, but I still think they know zilch about retiring sets.

Yes she admitted that they are usually the last ones to officially know. I have the same problem when asking my car dealer about up and coming models. Pictures all over the net, but they know nothing.

Seriously though I think they probably know about new sets coming out, but I still think they know zilch about retiring sets.

That's, like, totally, like, exactly what I said. So first you mocked me with about the most cliche response ever. Then, 55 minutes later, you finally caught up. Well done, sir :P

That's, like, totally, like, exactly what I said. So first you mocked me with about the most cliche response ever. Then, 55 minutes later, you finally caught up. Well done, sir :P

Seriously though I probably owe you an apology....... I guess I didn't fully read your post before replying to it, its a bad habit I'm trying to break. *hanging head feeling like an idiot*

Seriously though I probably owe you an apology....... I guess I didn't fully read your post before replying to it, its a bad habit I'm trying to break. *hanging head feeling like an idiot*

No worries dude. I was just taking my balls for a walk lol.