21006 - White House

tigereyes5811

52 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

United Nations.  Imperial Hotel.  Brandenburg Gate.  I'm sure there are many others.

Leaning Tower of Pisa and Villa Savoye are others. Basically all the 2015 retirees have not done great. 

The soon to be 2016 retirees (White House, Lincoln Memorial, Trevi Fountain) are doing good if you consider Amazon FBA prices as your guide. All three of those sets are currently seeing at least a 50% gain (e.g. $50 White House is selling for $78 FBA now) but that may just be Christmas shoppers driving the price up temporarily and the big players may soon come in and kill all the gains (see United Nations where two sellers have almost 1000 units at Amazon at $62/63)

And now there is the threat of better, more detailed remakes like Burj Khalifa and the upcoming rumored Solomon Guggenheim Museum.

Some other retired sets (Empire State Building, John Hancock Center, Sears/Willis Tower) have been remade (better) as part of the new Skyline sets.

Architecture is no longer a niche series for LEGO or investors. Everyone knows about them now.

Edited by grackleflint
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, grackleflint said:

Leaning Tower of Pisa and Villa Savoye are others. Basically all the 2015 retirees have not done great. 

The soon to be 2016 retirees (White House, Lincoln Memorial, Trevi Fountain) are doing good if you consider Amazon FBA prices as your guide. All three of those sets are currently seeing at least a 50% gain (e.g. $50 White House is selling for $78 FBA now) but that may just be Christmas shoppers driving the price up temporarily and the big players may soon come in and kill all the gains (see United Nations where two sellers have almost 1000 units at Amazon at $62/63)

And now there is the threat of better, more detailed remakes like Burj Khalifa and the upcoming rumored Solomon Guggenheim Museum.

Some other retired sets (Empire State Building, John Hancock Center, Sears/Willis Tower) have been remade (better) as part of the new Skyline sets.

Architecture is no longer a niche series for LEGO or investors. Everyone knows about them now.

i just sold an empire state building on amazon for $57.  i paid $15 at a TRU BOGO in 2014.  ESB is a total under the radar winner.  Eventually even the architecture losers will be making me more money than the vast majority of super heroes sets ever will.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i just sold an empire state building on amazon for $57.  i paid $15 at a TRU BOGO in 2014.  ESB is a total under the radar winner.  Eventually even the architecture losers will be making me more money than the vast majority of super heroes sets ever will.

I don't doubt that, but then you're comparing them to SH sets...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy
18 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I suggest you stop in all the B&N's here because they seem to be at every location...

Thanks, I'll get some ex-colleagues to load up for me ;-) They helped me no end with my stash of Mars Rovers!

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm just thankful Books A Million has a bunch left.

Same.  I'm running out of room so it's nice of them to hold them for me :) Plus there was a BN loaded near me before this sale.  I won't go back that way for a couple weeks, but I'm guessing they are still sitting there.

Edited by Sfcommando14

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, John82 said:

Putin is already picking the curtains.

... and Kim Jong Un is looking at a new carpet since Bill Clinton spilled "something" on it.