21006 - White House

tigereyes5811

42 minutes ago, steelmelt said:

No.  Someone recently asked the same thing.  This has been on sale at Amazon for a way better deal than SAH 2x points. 

However, is there a guarantee that Amazon will drop prices again. I have a feeling this is going to be done soon. A last ditch effort by Lego to unload this. I think it went as low as 33% off on Amazon.com.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:53 PM, macpro76 said:

From February 13-15, you can earn Double VIP Points on the LEGO Architecture White House (21006) during Presidents’ Day weekend.

Would this be a good investment, to stock up on?

Buying from Amazon right now would be the better deal as reported by @exciter1 in the DD @ $39.99...

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, Graisan said:

Hey there, I'm very new in the investing in LEGO topic. What do u think about retiring the White House set? I have seen that it's available for more than 5 years now....

I'd be very surprised to see this or Lincoln Memorial retiring this year with The Capitol Building being released in the architecture series shortly.

I think the White House, Big Ben, and Trevi Fountain get culled this year.  I've been noticing a lack of restock with these sets at local B&N, and BAM that are following similar patterns to other sets that did retire later in the year.  The stock thins around this time, and there is no major restocks.  I noticed the Trevi Fountain is starting to get thinner and thinner in my area, while the Eiffel Tower still gets restocked.  So, similar to last year when I saw the White House getting restocked around this time, but didn't see LTOP, BG, and UN Building getting stocked, I suspect we see the 3 retire by years end because stock levels are thinning, and no major restocks have occurred at my local BAM, especially.  Usually they'll restock within a month once a set sells out, or is down to just one, and those sets have yet to get restocked.

Edited by fossilrock

30 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I think the White House, Big Ben, and Trevi Fountain get culled this year.  I've been noticing a lack of restock with these sets at local B&N, and BAM that are following similar patterns to other sets that did retire later in the year.  The stock thins around this time, and there is no major restocks.  I noticed the Trevi Fountain is starting to get thinner and thinner in my area, while the Eiffel Tower still gets restocked.  So, similar to last year when I saw the White House getting restocked around this time, but didn't see LTOP, BG, and UN Building getting stocked, I suspect we see the 3 retire by years end because stock levels are thinning, and no major restocks have occurred at my local BAM, especially.  Usually they'll restock within a month once a set sells out, or is down to just one, and those sets have yet to get restocked.

My BAM has still been restocking United Nations and Villa Savoye, even after the holidays this year.

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

My BAM has still been restocking United Nations and Villa Savoye, even after the holidays this year.

Yes but you live in the twilight zone and seem to run well behind normal times and prices. You'll be telling us about brand new $20 Deathstars before the year is through. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Yes but you live in the twilight zone and seem to run well behind normal times and prices. You'll be telling us about brand new $20 Deathstars before the year is through. 

Definitely not the case in my area. But i'm not too shocked if it happens in tumbleweed country. 

UN hasn't gone away from Amazon yet.  It's one of the last holdouts from last years retirement phase.  The rest have, and they are all starting to rise a bit.  The Imperial Hotel has seen a nice bounce, and I think it will follow the path of Fallingwater, and maybe even surpass it, since it's a lot less hoarded.

4 hours ago, Graisan said:

Hey there, I'm very new in the investing in LEGO topic. What do u think about retiring the White House set? I have seen that it's available for more than 5 years now....

You just never know with Architecture sets. It is the oldest set available so that's something to consider but because it's an iconic US landmark I could see this one lingering for a few more years.

On 27. Mai 2016 at 5:08 PM, jbacunn said:

You just never know with Architecture sets. It is the oldest set available so that's something to consider but because it's an iconic US landmark I could see this one lingering for a few more years.

I agree with the iconic landmark. But 5 years seem to be very long. No other architecture set went so long and in december 2016 should be a new retiring phase or not?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...