Bio vs. Hero  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Bionicle
    • Hero Factory
    • Both
    • Neither

• 2 weeks later...

Bionicle sets are of a much higher quality than any Hero Factory sets. The molded pieces on Bionicles were simpler, less clunky, and more sparse. There were simply more bricks in Bionicle sets! Plus the story that went along with the theme was amazing and helps to drive sales to this day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

I have a medium stash of opened Bionicles. I would have thought most people would have unloaded all their bionicles when the "all star" bionicles were winding down. *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

I probably have around 30-40 opened bionicles, ranging from the first Tahu to the later years, but unfortunately no sealed ones.

EDIT: Ooops, didn't realize I already posted in this topic. Sorry...

The last Craigslist lot I bought included about 10 lbs of bionicle, which I know nothing about. Looks like it's time to do a bit of research so I know what I'm trying to sell. To help me get started, are any of them considered rare or more valuable? Are there discerning characteristics from one group to the next?

And is it worth my time to sort and try to build these (no instruction manuals), or should I just sell as a bulk lot and take what I can get?

The last Craigslist lot I bought included about 10 lbs of bionicle, which I know nothing about. Looks like it's time to do a bit of research so I know what I'm trying to sell. To help me get started, are any of them considered rare or more valuable? Are there discerning characteristics from one group to the next?

And is it worth my time to sort and try to build these (no instruction manuals), or should I just sell as a bulk lot and take what I can get?

Those sound like good questions for Blackjack. I would PM him and he will probably be able to answer a lot of your questions.

I think you're right. And it turns out I actually have about 15 lbs., which I have not even begun to sort. When I do, I'll assemble and photograph the figures, THEN I'll pm Blackjack.

You know, I thought it might be easy to learn which figures I have, because I could just look for the masks. But Brickset has 343 entries for the Bionicle theme, and the pictures are tiny. They are cool, though. I hope it works out that most of them are complete.

Toa Lewa was always one of my favorites. The amazingly detailed Phantoka sets were simply chilling...which I loved! I read some about the Bionicle storyline, but jumping into it at 2008 was a little confusing for me! Bionicle was a great Lego theme that I would like to see continue, even though that could never happen (Lego made that pretty clear when they took off the popular "Bring Back Bionicle" project on Cuusoo).

Folks....my son LOVES hero factory and these super hero robot things to. Does bionicle use the same parts....I mean are they interchangeable? Never heard of bionicle until I started lookin for used hero factory for him and see cheap bionicle everywhere.

http://nh.craigslist.org/tag/3826771252.html

If someone who knows bionicle could take a quick peak at that----is that fair price? Is it all robots you build..or were there vehicles and base well? Can't really tell what all is there as he used his toaster to take those pictures.