Are you addicted to LEGO?

Just like alcoholism, gambling, smoking, drug abuse and such, do you feel like your LEGO collecting/investing is a problem? Do you lie awake at night needing the fix? Is your LEGO spending causing a strain on you marriage? Do you need to join LEGOholics anonymous 12 step program? Have you ever called up your credit card company just to make sure you have enough to purchase LEGO? Do you go to the store with $50, purchase $49 in LEGO and then put the last dollar in your gas tank? Will you buy sets for your KIDS just because you want them and then end up building it FOR THEM? Do you feel others have a LEGO problem but not you? Take a good look in the mirror, does your reflection remind you of a certain minifigure? Lets all answer these questions truthfully and then post your responses.

I don't feel compelled to build (at least as much as I probably should) but I do pretty much put all my extra cash on the side into Lego. Course there really hasn't been that much in the way of movies, TV series, or games that truly catch my attention or make me laugh. I'm won't do the whole 'good ol' days' crud but a number of stuff today feels like the script was written by dumbasses or they are recycling the same story over & over again.

Just like alcoholism, gambling, smoking, drug abuse and such, do you feel like your LEGO collecting/investing is a problem? A problem? No.

Do you lie awake at night needing the fix? No.

Is your LEGO spending causing a strain on you marriage? Probably.

Do you need to join LEGOholics anonymous 12 step program? No.

Have you ever called up your credit card company just to make sure you have enough to purchase LEGO? Pay for all my Lego with money on hand.

Do you go to the store with $50, purchase $49 in LEGO and then put the last dollar in your gas tank? Not yet.

Will you buy sets for your KIDS just because you want them and then end up building it FOR THEM? Yeah.

Do you feel others have a LEGO problem but not you? Ed.

Take a good look in the mirror, does your reflection remind you of a certain minifigure? No.

Lets all answer these questions truthfully and then post your responses.

Just like alcoholism, gambling, smoking, drug abuse and such, do you feel like your LEGO collecting/investing is a problem?

I voted yes.

Do you lie awake at night needing the fix? Nope.

Is your LEGO spending causing a strain on you marriage? I'm not married.

Do you need to join LEGOholics anonymous 12 step program? No.

Have you ever called up your credit card company just to make sure you have enough to purchase LEGO? No, but I've borrowed money from my parents when I don't have my wallet with me.

Do you go to the store with $50, purchase $49 in LEGO and then put the last dollar in your gas tank? Not yet.

Will you buy sets for your KIDS just because you want them and then end up building it FOR THEM? I don't have kids.

Do you feel others have a LEGO problem but not you? No. I'll admit I have a slight LEGO problem. (;

Take a good look in the mirror, does your reflection remind you of a certain minifigure? Nope.

Lets all answer these questions truthfully and then post your responses.

So your wife doesn't know about 2,832 of your sets?? Very impressive.Agreed. That's quite the feat.

For sure...and Brickpicker just makes matters worse!

You can get almost everyone including myself to agree with that. Haha. (:

For me it is mostly seasonal and when the deals are. I have a harder time getting into a set if I have to pay full price for it. That being said I've been pretty good about the new releases. Hopefully there is another walmart summertime clearance this year to make room for new Star Wars to rekindle the interest. I don't like hibernating so to speak on collecting during the summer and spring but it does afford time to enjoy other hobbies.

• Like 1

I'd say I am addicted but I'm able to refrain buying to a certain extent...I do however hide most of my purchases from my GF I live together with. She knows I order some from time to time but she wouldn't understand why I put so much money into this (she hasn't seen the closet...yet LOL), even if I told her it was for investment. I do buy most set with the intent to sell them again though. The only ones I usually build are UCS sets.

I've begun hiding sets in my car and bringing them inside when the lady isn't around. I guess that's indicative of a problem.

I waited until she was out of town for the weekend.. I figure if she can go to Chicago with a friend for 5 days and leave me with the kids, I can buy $400 worth of Lego without really feeling guilty. :)

I've begun hiding sets in my car and bringing them inside when the lady isn't around. I guess that's indicative of a problem.

hahahahahha

says the man whose trunk is also full. eBay has been brutal to me. Too many packages coming and I have over $80 in ebay bucks earned for this period. I need to sell off my other toy collections to make more room for this lego addiction

hahahahahha

says the man whose trunk is also full. eBay has been brutal to me. Too many packages coming and I have over $80 in ebay bucks earned for this period. I need to sell off my other toy collections to make more room for this lego addiction

I am so glad I'm not the only one that does this lol. In all seriousness though I am addicted and basically every cent of my disposable income is going into it. I check all the main retailer sites at least 5 times a day (literally the first thing I do when I wake up and before I go to bed) as well as the forums. I think as long you're not going into debt or neglecting your children (my wife doesn't need my attention all the time) then there is nothing wrong with it. Or is that just me trying to justify my addiction?