Trying to be proactive...

Hey guys/gals, Just got a Helm's Deep in. Ebay purchase for $104. Well guess who shipped me the item? That's right, TLG. Along with my free splinter keychain.... AND AN INVOICE FOR $129.99. Well I called them immediately and told them that I may have been involved in a drop ship scam. CS rep said nothing has been reported yet so don't worry about it. Which is frustrating because if this is a scam... someone is going to lose. Either TLG will have to eat the cost, or Visa/MC etx will have to eat this. But more importantly they will have to deal with another scam shipment because they're not following up. Anyway... should I just not worry about it? Or is there something else I need to do to protect myself?

You know, the very first investment purchase I made ended up being up exactly like that, only my set came from Walmart. I contacted ebay first, who assured me they were going to investigate and contact me in a week. Never happened. Walmart didn't appear interested either, so I can tell you that do whatever you feel you need to do to be at peace with yourself, like I wanted to be, but don't worry more than that if the interested parties in getting the issue fixed don't seem to care at all.

Notify EBay, PayPal and TLG. If they don't do anything, don't sweat it. Their problem after that.

This right here. Notify the right people about this and leave them to it. You can't do anymore than that and if they just don't seem to care as much as they should, it's not your problem anymore.

Hey guys/gals,

Just got a Helm's Deep in. Ebay purchase for $104.

Well guess who shipped me the item? That's right, TLG. Along with my free splinter keychain.... AND AN INVOICE FOR $129.99.

Well I called them immediately and told them that I may have been involved in a drop ship scam.

CS rep said nothing has been reported yet so don't worry about it. Which is frustrating because if this is a scam... someone is going to lose. Either TLG will have to eat the cost, or Visa/MC etx will have to eat this. But more importantly they will have to deal with another scam shipment because they're not following up.

Anyway... should I just not worry about it? Or is there something else I need to do to protect myself?

I think that i have have run into the same thing, I have sent you a PM...

I think that i have have run into the same thing, I have sent you a PM...

Yep. Saw your message. It's the same guy. Maybe you should report him too. If TLG comes back with a scammed credit card, I expect to be refunded by paypal. TLG may or may not ask for product back.

I agree stephen. That is someone's credit card. Seriously.... get on it! Ugh... I will sleep like a baby if this finally gets reported and I end up getting a paypal refund and TLG let's me keep the set. If your CSRs aren't following up on a call saying "you may keep getting ripped off if you don't do something", then I don't care either. I went out of my way, the rest is on you.

That is someone's credit card.

It's actually all of our credit cards. I understand that these big companies work on a volume basis, but in the long run this affects all of us in terms of higher fees, interest rates, etc...

Seriously, is anyone trying to get ahold of the people who have had their credit cards stolen? They are the ones being hurt a lot more than the credit card companies, quite a few may not even notice the charge on their statement. You have their name and address, get on it already!

Seriously, is anyone trying to get ahold of the people who have had their credit cards stolen? They are the ones being hurt a lot more than the credit card companies, quite a few may not even notice the charge on their statement. You have their name and address, get on it already!

Unfortunately I don't.

How do you propose that you do that? The billing information is not on the invoice...

Edit: Turns out they place the order on walmart.com with my billing information, so it looks like I ordered it. However, they used a different number since they probably tried to use my number and could see that number already has an account associated with it...

My Helms deep arrived today with an invoice from walmart for $123.87. I was able to use the walmart.com order number and phone number (my phone number with the last digit changed) on the invoice to look up the order details. I am currently on the phone with ebay and was able to give them the email address and last 4 numbers of the credit card that was used. They informed me that they would turn it into the FBI. To top it off, walmart just slapped a shipping sticker on it and shipped the item in the retail box. Needless to say, it was ruined. See pic.. I opened a case on ebay regarding the condition of the item, I am hoping that they will refund my money..

My Helms deep arrived today with an invoice from walmart for $123.87. I was able to use the walmart.com order number and phone number (my phone number with the last digit changed) on the invoice to look up the order details. I am currently on the phone with ebay and was able to give them the email address and last 4 numbers of the credit card that was used. They informed me that they would turn it into the FBI.

To top it off, walmart just slapped a shipping sticker on it and shipped the item in the retail box. Needless to say, it was ruined. See pic.. I opened a case on ebay regarding the condition of the item, I am hoping that they will refund my money..

That's craziness! I wonder if the employee was looking around and couldn't find a box so they just said "screw it" and slapped the shipping label right on there!

Not only that, but there is priority mail tape on the edges. I emailed the seller and told them that I would keep the item if they give me a partial refund due to the damage. I'll post what whatever crap excuse that they reply with..