The dirtier the better... with pics

glenbart

This I was looking for second hand Lego as I do much of the time and over on facebook market place I spot an add and the seller lives nearby.  He has a video of him sifting through the lego and I spot some vintage space parts, I thought I saw some trans-yellow windows,  it's quite a large tub and he wants £25 quid for it, so I offer him £20 and the deal is on.  When I arrive his front door is open and he has a skip on his front garden, he sees me and brings the lego out to me.  I have a quick look and I'm pleased as I see figures but then I notice it looks a bit grubby.  I've already decided i'm happy with it as for £20 i'll just take out whats good and sell the rest.  When I get home I see theres mega blocks in it and quite a bit of junk and I think i really must stop buying just anything I see, I start to go through the lego and i find train windows, then i find it's from a harry potter knight bus as i find the purple outer parts, i know i can get a fiver or so for a load of them. Theres loads of basketball figures but some seem to be fake and i throw them in the bin, they have the spring legs just like lego ones and some of them are real lego which i keep, i then find a western horse and some vintage knights from around the turn of the century and this load of junk suddenly doesn't look so bad.  Then i find some star wars figures, sand people, a jedi knight luke and a joda but with no legs, i find qui gon jin without hair and his cape.  Then something really caught my eye, the yellow print on a black face, i looked further to see it was a Jango Feet, an early one, I know they go for big bucks, I go on ebay to find the version I have and it sells for over £150 but there's one thing, he's missing his helmet!  So I have about 5-6 kilo of lego and the treasure hunt is on!  I soon after find young boba but he's missing his hair, i'm not too bothered as I know it's not a rare part.  I search and search until i realise i have to be methodical and go through it one bit at a time, i found boba's hair, qui gon's hair and cape and yoda's legs... but no helmet for Jango.  I took some photos and i see that Jango's torso is maybe missing some silver print so not in the best condition.  I know i should still be ble to get something for him, i wondered if anyone had any idea whati could get, i think young boba will fetch me a minimum of £30, the trans-yellow windows turned out to be the knight bus windows and i only decided to take a punt on seeing a white space wing, there's for of them and two are filthy!

100_5664.JPG

100_5667.JPG

100_5668.JPG