76252 - Batcave Shadow Box

Pseudoty

52 minutes ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Really nice MOC here. Don't know if you're thinking about the same one?

That is the Brent Waller MOC he did the Ideas GB Ecto and Seinfeld sets as well as Lego Batman Movie sets. 

2 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

The one I had in mind was only a cave.  Maybe it was this one.

32.jpg

Similar it was 2 guys in their 40's in their basement I think they were selling it but my memory is shot on this.  

18 hours ago, Mathew said:

A $200 Lego set in a $200 black plastic box. Genius. 

I know this was tongue in cheek, but when you think about the dilemma many adult collectors face with storage and display of large sets...it really solves those two biggest issues.

Side note...a Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles sewer lair in a similar motif would be pretty cool

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I know this was tongue in cheek, but when you think about the dilemma many adult collectors face with storage and display of large sets...it really solves those two biggest issues.

Side note...a Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles sewer lair in a similar motif would be pretty cool

I agree that the set is more “storable” but I think the market for it is much smaller than a $150 diorama. I kind of lump this one in with the Atari, Piano and Typewriter type sets. Neat but I don’t see the value.  Maybe the hardcore ‘89 Batman fans disagree and it will be a big seller. I will say its a much better design than the Classic Batcave released years ago. 

Edited by Mathew

On 5/16/2023 at 7:38 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Hate to be nitpicky, but where are the rocket penguins ?

Rocket penguins in Batman The Challenge

Also, Catwoman should have come with an empty birdcage ;) 

Rocket penguins would have been amazing......I love the set....Hate the price

4 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Now I wonder if I should offload 40433?

I think the set most affected by this will be 76119 Batmobile Pursuit of The Joker. Same size and similar minifigs. Why pay $70 for that when you can get the new one for $40-50?

As for 40433, I would still sell it because it won't double again anytime soon. So rather cash out and reinvest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Now I wonder if I should offload 40433?

That one has already come down in price -- a lot.  At one point I was offloading those for $325 a pop.  Got busy and forgot about them and now they are at $267.  Still, that had to be the best promo ever produced.  I flipped every 76139 at cost right away and just built up a collection of the GWP.  Great were the times of no limits.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

That one has already come down in price -- a lot.  At one point I was offloading those for $325 a pop.  Got busy and forgot about them and now they are at $267.  Still, that had to be the best promo ever produced.  I flipped every 76139 at cost right away and just built up a collection of the GWP.  Great were the times of no limits.

IIRC sold mine at around $350 average.  I thought about keeping 1 but when someone wanted to pay for more than avg price, why not?  There was a brief period when it reached $450 FBM :money:, then a bunch of sellers started pricing at low $300s.  I never understood the logic behind this kind of pricing strategy. :dontknow:

24 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

I bought up several on EBay for $60 and sold when they got to $200. Held onto one.

• 4 weeks later...