43225 - The Little Mermaid Royal Clamshell

Pseudoty

20 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

The new Little Mermaid set looks like a really fun build, pics are up in the usual places. 

What are you, scared? It will be on Brickset by the end of the day, as press releases have come at record speed after things end up in the "usual places". Yo mods, ban me so I can finally motivate myself enough to get off of this brick train.

image.thumb.png.884b92f150180cb23510df4fba7e4595.png

I'm more surprised that they went with the new movie versus the original animation. It looks like a good unique build. But I'd expect some pushback from certain sects of society. 

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

motivate myself enough to get off of this brick train.

I give you motivation.

From this angle, those look like they stuck dead fishes around for decorations, especially in contrast to Flounder on the bottom.  :D

image.png

So Flounder is white now? Shouldn't it be dark yellow to make it look closer to real flounders? :P

16 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

There is only one The Little Mermaid. It was released in 1989 and is still a great film.

I haven’t read anything about the new Little Mermaid movie. Personally, I just don’t care. I haven’t liked all of the “live action” remakes from the beginning. IMO some have been better than others, but it just seems lazy and unneccessary.

29 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I'm more surprised that they went with the new movie versus the original animation. It looks like a good unique build. But I'd expect some pushback from certain sects of society.

Had they done the opposite, they would have gotten louder (in terms of social media) pushback from other certain sects of society.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Had they done the opposite, they would have gotten louder (in terms of social media) pushback from other certain sects of society.

They could just pay the extra 7 cents in plastic and include enough characters to fill it out for both sects. Like how the UCS MILF has old and young characters to appease the OT fans who dislike the sequels. But I suspect Disney has a strong influence on what goes into each set. 

Ariel CMF is going to have a nice spike in value

Edited by brickvoyeur

7 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

They could just pay the extra 7 cents in plastic and include enough characters to fill it out for both sects. Like how the UCS MILF has old and young characters to appease the OT fans who dislike the sequels. But I suspect Disney has a strong influence on what goes into each set. 

Ariel CMF is going to have a nice spike in value

MF was part of continuity between those movies so having different characters made sense.  As far as I can tell, this version of Little Mermaid does not have anything to do with the cartoon.  This coral looking thing might only appear in the new version so having the cartoon Ariel would be out of context. :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Everyone's favorite set based on the next summer blockbuster from Disney...

1808 pieces for $159.99, an 18+ set

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-little-mermaid-royal-clamshell-43225

Future customers for LEGO: can't afford to fix cracks and holes on their wall but no problem with spending $160 for new LEGO :thumbsu:

image.png

Are bullet holes in plaster fashionable now? Of course, with today's housing market, what was once a $25,000 crack den is now a $525,000 fixer upper.

23 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Everyone's favorite set based on the next summer blockbuster from Disney...

1808 pieces for $159.99, an 18+ set

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-little-mermaid-royal-clamshell-43225

Future customers for LEGO: can't afford to fix cracks and holes on their wall but no problem with spending $160 for new LEGO :thumbsu:

image.png

Well it’s a crappy looking set so the marketing department had the right idea when decorating the wall. 

Edited by Mathew