9474 - The Battle of Helm's Deep

Guest ph4tb0i

Don't forget that this price includes the 16% (I think - maybe it is 18% - someone across the pond can clarify) VAT which is deducted if shipped outside the EU or UK.  And see the other thread on amazon.co.uk for advice on brokerage fees.  You definitely can get that money back, which should bring your average price for this set under $110 (depending how many you order - order at least 2 or 3 to help spread the shipping.  The first is 4.95 pounds, but onle 2 pounds for each additional set).  I've picked up several of these from amazon.co.uk and have already sold a couple on kijiji.ca for a decent return, as it is still much less than CAN retail.

((((79.97 List Price/ 1.2 VAT) + 4.95 Ship) * 1.62 Currency Exchange) * 1.13 HST)  + 10 Brokerage ~ 141CAD... 

How is this under $110 CAD? Maybe if it's not shipped by UPS i guess.. Because if it's under $110 CAD i'd probably be in for 10 sets right now.. 

VAT is 20% btw (please correct me if I'm wrong :))... https://www.gov.uk/vat/overview

• 1 month later...

Have never been so disappointed. Went back to grab it, took it to the register and standing in line noticed the top of the box was pushed into the tab and not taped shut... Took the thing to customer service to ask if I could go through the box and found 2 bags missing. What does Walmart offer for a discount? 10%.

fml

Have never been so disappointed. Went back to grab it, took it to the register and standing in line noticed the top of the box was pushed into the tab and not taped shut... Took the thing to customer service to ask if I could go through the box and found 2 bags missing. What does Walmart offer for a discount? 10%.

fml

Thats rough man. Hey, Entertainment earth will give you two for 97.50 a piece. Not too bad a deal.

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I thought you were talking to me!  I just bought 2 more.  I already have 3 sealed and 1 open (not yet built).

Sorry, I should've put "@Gondorian" at the start of my reply as it was yourself that I initially replied to.  No big deal as another Brit took the plunge and we're all here to help each other, right? ;-)  I'm surprised Amazon.it didn't sell out weeks ago at that price.