60026 - Town Square

redeemed763

Guest ph4tb0i

I just built this set with my sons the other day. I must Say this was the most enjoyable set that I have put together. Having different segments made it feel like you are going faster. It didn't feel as tedious as some of the modulars feel and really looks awesome when it's completed.

As an adult builder that's what I like about the city sets. There are days when I just want to do some small simple builds and it's fun to open a city set to just build a couple of things. I think your experience really reminds me of when I built 8404. That was an awesome set. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It is now on sale again on amazon.es (Spain) for 77 euro. I never ordered from amazon.es but this might become my first time. I also expect this one will disappear soon and seeing it is a nice set which cannot be missed in anyones city setup. I see some investment potential here. 

I still wake up all sweaty in the night when I have nightmares about not buying that public transport set when I saw it for 80 euro about a year ago.

It is now on sale again on amazon.es (Spain) for 77 euro. I never ordered from amazon.es but this might become my first time. I also expect this one will disappear soon and seeing it is a nice set which cannot be missed in anyones city setup. I see some investment potential here. 

I still wake up all sweaty in the night when I have nightmares about not buying that public transport set when I saw it for 80 euro about a year ago.

I ordered a 10226 from Amazon.es last year. It came in the standard box within a few days, so the same as ordering it from Amazon.co.uk. In fact I suspect it was dispatched from my local Amazon depot (there's one approx 20km away [pity they do not do Click and Collect]) because it came so quickly and was in such good condition.

I ordered 2 of them from amazon.es a few weeks ago. They were in perfect condition! 

• 2 weeks later...

Really wanted to pick this up at TRU during their 20% coupon period! however it's a "Hot Price" item and didn't qualify. $120 is just too steep no matter how nice the set is. At sub $95 I'd be a buyer.

It was $75 on Black Friday and you could use a $10 gift card coupon and a bonus 10% off on Saturday.

• 2 months later...

I finally cracked and picked on up for myself after the transformers event on Saturday. It was no longer Hot Priced so I was able to get 20% off. Given how it's been OOS at most of my local TRUs I wanted to get one. Built it yesterday - quite a nice set.

• 3 months later...

Is this one on its way out? Dried up in Belgian shops. Has some cool vehicles, nice gadgets, windows and some fun stickers. Seems not bad. Has been discounted but not that much. Is relatively expensive for mass buying and has the stigma of being city in eyes of many investors. Limited to 10 on LEGO Shop at Home, the only shop I know still has it.

Is this one on its way out? Dried up in Belgian shops. Has some cool vehicles, nice gadgets, windows and some fun stickers. Seems not bad. Has been discounted but not that much. Is relatively expensive for mass buying and has the stigma of being city in eyes of many investors. Limited to 10 on LEGO Shop at Home, the only shop I know still has it.

I don't think so. The set was released in August 2013 and I would say that it has at least 6-9 more months before it goes EOL.

• Like 1

I don't think so. The set was released in August 2013 and I would say that it has at least 6-9 more months before it goes EOL.

I remember TRU keeping the last big City exclusive (Public Transport - at least I think it was exclusive) in stock long after S&**** sold it (at least up here in Canada). Now is not a bad time to start thinking about picking them up if/when a decent sale arrives.

I remember TRU keeping the last big City exclusive (Public Transport - at least I think it was exclusive) in stock long after S&**** sold it (at least up here in Canada). Now is not a bad time to start thinking about picking them up if/when a decent sale arrives.

IIRC, TRU had them for $75 last year on Black Friday. That was a good deal, but I don't know if that kind of deal will happen this year.

I am hoping on a 20% off in collishop. That would bring it to 88

If you look at Public Transport and it's value. Is it safe to say that we can expect the same for Town Square or is there anything that Public Transport has more?

I think it's safe to say that we can expect the same for the Town Square. I would expect the Town Square to sell around $200-$225 2-3 years after EOL.

I think it's safe to say that we can expect the same for the Town Square. I would expect the Town Square to sell around $200-$225 2-3 years after EOL.

The tram was really a nice addition to Public Transport tho. And it's something that cool that misses for me in Town Square. The statue is bomb but statue vs tram hmm.

The tram was really a nice addition to Public Transport tho. And it's something that cool that misses for me in Town Square. The statue is bomb but statue vs tram hmm.

I like the crane and the two small buildings that are included in the set. I think that this set is better than the Public Transport set, but not by much.

• Like 1