60026 - Town Square

redeemed763

I am pretty thrilled about this set, it looks to be pretty clear cut investment winner, possessing pretty much everything needed to do very well. The set is very large with a high price tag It is very rare and exclusive and unlikely to have a another release that is similar in design Couple that with a short production cycle with limited availability and you could most likely take that to the bank.

I am pretty thrilled about this set, it looks to be pretty clear cut investment winner, possessing pretty much everything needed to do very well.

The set is very large with a high price tag

It is very rare and exclusive and unlikely to have a another release that is similar in design

Couple that with a short production cycle with limited availability and you could most likely take that to the bank.

It hasn't even been released yet, how are you making assumptions about its rarity, exclusivity and product cycle?

Not to be rude but where are you reading anything about limited availability or short production runs? I do believe it will eventually be a winner in the future but I have no idea where you are getting that part about it being limited in any way. Again, I am not trying to come off as rude, I'm just trying to understand how you came to that conclusion of exclusivity.

Town Square

I do anticipate it will be fairly rare if nothing else than due to its price point of $170, most stores don't stock sets that large except TRU and Lego. It could be released on the large retailers but probably will be online only. My comment about the production cycle and availability was intended to be a conditional statement, sorry if it wasn't worded well. Obviously, it could stay in production for 3 years or more, in that case, it wouldn't perform as well. As for the set being rare, I was partly referring to how often we see a set like that produced for city, how many sets similar to this one have every been produced? Aside from the town plan, I don't know of any, that is what I meant by rare. This isn't the next construction vehicle, police station, or even harbor, sets like this don't come around very often.

• Like 1

I do anticipate it will be fairly rare if nothing else than due to its price point of $170, most stores don't stock sets that large except TRU and Lego. It could be released on the large retailers but probably will be online only.

My comment about the production cycle and availability was intended to be a conditional statement, sorry if it wasn't worded well. Obviously, it could stay in production for 3 years or more, in that case, it wouldn't perform as well.

As for the set being rare, I was partly referring to how often we see a set like that produced for city, how many sets similar to this one have every been produced? Aside from the town plan, I don't know of any, that is what I meant by rare.

This isn't the next construction vehicle, police station, or even harbor, sets like this don't come around very often.

Good rules of deductions, my dear Watson. :)

I see your points loud and clear. I doubt that we would ever see a set that large in a Target or Walmart. Online perhaps but too big and pricy for instore. I can see this being offered in a Toys R Us (Of which I dread to see that price tag. Yeesh!) and at Lego stores of course. And Town Plan is pretty much the only other set to compare this one with. Although what I find odd is how Town Plan had 1,981 pieces and cost $150 yet the new Town Square has just 914 and may go for $170.

Not judging here at all.... but man we are already talking about investment potential on a city set that hasn't been giving a clear price point...yet alone released. I mean I could understand a little more if it was a new UCS or something from a liscenced theme. Lol just kinda crazy when you think about it. Sorry, not judging, truly.

Not judging here at all.... but man we are already talking about investment potential on a city set that hasn't been giving a clear price point...yet alone released.

It is kind of 'jumping the gun' isn't it? At the least, we have about three more months (I believe) before we see its release.

I certainly love the look of the set, but I don't really see the investment side. It looks like a mash of different smaller city sets. Could someone please explain?

You are right it is a combination of ideas that could be sold as smaller sets and in a way that can be the attraction. It is one large set that offers something for everyone and is a good 'city builder'. And you don't see City sets like these come around very often like redeemed763 said.

Not judging here at all.... but man we are already talking about investment potential on a city set that hasn't been giving a clear price point...yet alone released.

I mean I could understand a little more if it was a new UCS or something from a liscenced theme.

Lol just kinda crazy when you think about it.

Sorry, not judging, truly.

+1

It is kind of 'jumping the gun' isn't it? At the least, we have about three more months (I believe) before we see its release.

I certainly love the look of the set, but I don't really see the investment side. It looks like a mash of different smaller city sets. Could someone please explain?

You are right it is a combination of ideas that could be sold as smaller sets and in a way that can be the attraction. It is one large set that offers something for everyone and is a good 'city builder'. And you don't see City sets like these come around very often like redeemed763 said.

Ok, thanks. :)

Since this set is not on the regular order list, it looks like a Lego and Toys R Us Exclusive, and not even 1000 pieces where are those high prices coming from $179.00 These prices here are more Likely. $99.99 at Lego and $119.99 at Toys R Us, Or Just a Lego Exclusive Only for. $99.99

Guest ph4tb0i

I'm still very surprised that they put a bus and a pizza shop in this set when they just did it for City Corner (7641). I wonder if this will devalue City Corner now that there's overlap... hmmm.... You'd think they could be more creative and put a Doner Kabob in there or something.. oh wait, no, can't do that... Then we'd just "jabba's palace" this lol... :p