Lego 10179 (Don't want to lose money)

fartyarty123

Sir, there are ZERO deals like this. With all due respect...don't be a fool.

this thread is reminding me of the scene from vegas vacation where chevy chase keeps getting his arse handed to him at the blackjack table. eventually the dealer tries to make a deal with him instead of taking all of his money..."how about we go out back, you give me half of your money, i kick you in the nuts, and we call it even?" ...lol

may buy a $25 ninjago set to test them

The $25 Ninjago "test" will tell you nothing.

What's to stop them from selling and sending you a Ninjago set legitimately, hoping to lure you in (by earning your trust from the successful "$25 test") and zeroing in for a kill with $500 for Falcon (or whatever the scam is)?

No. Don't even do a $25 test with that one.

Sir, there are ZERO deals like this. With all due respect...don't be a fool.

this thread is reminding me of the scene from vegas vacation where chevy chase keeps getting his arse handed to him at the blackjack table. eventually the dealer tries to make a deal with him instead of taking all of his money..."how about we go out back, you give me half of your money, i kick you in the nuts, and we call it even?" ...lol

I was going to recommend that he just give me the money so I can invest it properly. At least then you know it is going to a good cause... ;-)

Looks legit.That one looks safe to me too. Either way, eBay has an amazing Customer Protection policy, so as a buyer, you are usually able to get your money back. Sometimes there are scammers who buy the item and say it was never shipped when in fact it was, and it is sitting on their lap. Works both ways for people.

Well, there's never a guarantee, right? But what are my chances compared to buying through paypal on ebay? Anyone here been scammed on craigslist and paid with paypal? Did you get your money back? There's all kinds of warnings on these forums against wiring money or using moneypak or mailing a check or whatever. Not much on paypal scams, though.

You can't have your cake and eat it too...If you want protection as a buyer, use eBay or Amazon, but realize this...sellers have to pay high commission fees and the buyers most likely will pay for that. Also, eBay offers little in the way of protection for sellers. There is no perfect solution. What you need to do is deal with people you are comfortable with and confident in. PayPal is not perfect, but the best option most auction sites have.

Big orders I only place with highly reputable stores. I only use my credit card company so I can lodge a claim with them should anything go wrong, whereas last time I used paypal funds and my bank account. Never again.

I am curious, in that bad transaction, did you send money via "Pay for Goods" option ?

found this :http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon-10179-/230964797014?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item35c6931e56

Scam. Seller has exactly 8 feedback. Stay AWAY! Try to stick to sellers with more than 90, and for some expensive thing like this, I would shoot for 300+.

Just because someone only has 8 feedbacks does not make him/her a scammer......everyone has to start somewhere right? I don't know if this is a scam or not.

Ok, true, I concede to that point. I would be safer than sorry. It's definitely harder to tell whether this is a scam or not. If you are serious, you could ask him for pictures of the set.

• 2 weeks later...