The Next SW UCS Bust Should Be....

dakotahorn

If you are going for a bust - can you get any cooler than Darth Vader's mask? I'm thinking it should totally be 3000+ pieces and be just the life size mask. It should be in two parts too, so if could come apart to wear it. That would be awesome! Or have the front piece separate to have the internal face. Okay maybe 4000+ pieces. :)

Interesting thread, but since technically Lego has only made a Darth Maul bust, I doubt we'll see any more. I think Lego was throwing a lot of ideas out there back in 1999 and 2000 (UCS, minis, Technic, Mindstorms, etc) when the SW theme was new and apparently, despite what the Maul bust is worth now secondhand, it wasn't flying off the shelves when new. I remember seeing it and the Yoda sculpture sitting on clearance at Walmart stores.

Interesting thread, but since technically Lego has only made a Darth Maul bust, I doubt we'll see any more. I think Lego was throwing a lot of ideas out there back in 1999 and 2000 (UCS, minis, Technic, Mindstorms, etc) when the SW theme was new and apparently, despite what the Maul bust is worth now secondhand, it wasn't flying off the shelves when new. I remember seeing it and the Yoda sculpture sitting on clearance at Walmart stores.

Yes, you are right, they didn't sell well back then - but they were both great sets.

They were ahead of their time. Lego had just started the SW sets, so you didn't have an established group of Lego SW collectors, and there were certainly fewer AFOL's.