Investment Winner 2013

By the way, do you know if the gas station from that is in the flicker pics is included in this set?

I don't believe so. Just the City Pizza and Bike Shop buildings. This image taken from the retailers catalogue that someone posted (no idea who) and can be found on Bricker shows a very low resolution of the box itself. It's hard to tell but you can make out the general shapes and compare with the LEGOworld at Copenhagen images in Brickset's gallery.

What is so special about Garmatron and Baxter's Robot Rampage ? The Garmatron set does not even look like the cartoon, it needs bigger and longer cannon. Baxter's Robot Rampage is an exclusive but looks very unappealing.

Nothing particularly special and I agree that the Garmatron set hardly looks like the cartoon one. It's just as far as the 2013 Ninjago sets go, The Golden Dragon has and still is selling out while both Garmatron and Warrior's Bike have been similarly selling very well to the point of being sold out a few times. Surprisingly, The Temple of Light is always there. I haven't seen that sell out once which is wierd but then again Golden Dragon is better and cheaper.

Besides exclusivity to Toys R Us, Baxter's Robot Rampage has two characters that are exclusive to the set, April O'Neil and Baxter Stockman. And from what I've read, this take on Baxter is much truer to his original comicbook form unlike how even the original cartoon was. Donatello with a teeth grinning headpiece is also exclusive to the set which means you will have to get this set to have all the characters heads as it were.

I'm voting for Golden Dragon as well, especially at sub $25 which you can currently find it for at most major retailers. Given the low price point, small footprint if the set, and potential appreciation once it's retired this one will likely outperform almost every other set being released this year. If you're on a budget and have limited shelf space do yourself a favor and drop $100 on 4 of these, tuck them away in a closet, and pull them out for sale for Christmas 2015. I think you'll be amazed at how well you'll do on a $100 investment.

None because economy will plummet down the toilet :)

Quite simple really ;)

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen......

How has Lego performed historically during previous recessions?

No data how LEGO performed 1929 :P because it did not exist back then and this is the scenario that all path leads to more or less :)

None because economy will plummet down the toilet :)

Quite simple really ;)

feel free to sell me all your sets if you think this is the case........get out while you can!!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Alcarin

Buy all sets and ill kindly add all parts/figures for free along with that :P

Or do it outside Bricklink and get 3% discount on top of the end costs :D

On a serious note, we shall see what happens by the end of this year :)