Investment Winner 2013

Don't know about biggest winners but perhaps some good to decent ones in the long run.

Imperial Hotel

Best Architecture set ever built and the original building was demolished recently which could increase value in a wierd way.

Palace Cinema

2nd favorite modular thus far, so why not?

Horizon Express

....It's a train. Need I really say more?

Highway Speeders

Best of this years 'basic' Creator sets in my opinion.

Family House

Very nice Creator house build, way better than the others like Small Cottage.

Red Five X-Wing Starfighter

Jedi Starfigher/Kamino

Tantive IV/Alderaan

Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers

Town Square

It's a BIG City set featuring a Pizza place, bike shop, public transport bus, and some other cool bits!

The Shellraiser Chase

The Turle Lair

Baxter's Robot Rampage

All the TMNT sets will probably go up in value but these should appreciate the most I think.

Arkham Asylum Breakout

One, it's Batman. Two, it's freakin' huge!

Spider Cycle Chase

Really just cause of Venom. Only reason I would get it at all.

Daily Bugle Showdown

Again, just because of characters like Dr. Doom!

The Golden Dragon

Garmatron

The Riddles for the Ring

An Unexpected Gathering

The Council of Elrond

Pirate Ship Ambush

Umm....I guess that about covers it. Mostly just going by 'feel' and some stat crunching.

Galaxy Squad is great but probably won't appreciate too well unfortunately, and Chima is straddling the fence rather picariously. And all the Friends sets will gain in due time in their own way.

TheOrcKing's list is good, but if I had to put my money in some sets.... 1 Golden Dragon 2 UCS Red 5 3 Palace Cinema Golden Dragon is a winner winner chicken dinner. If you don't believe it will be, you probably haven't seen it built. Kids will eat this thing up, and their parents will pay a premium.

Are we talking sets that come out in 2013 or ones that EOL in 2013?

Sets that are coming out in 2013 or have already come out in 2013..........but we can talk about sets retiring in 2013 as well, I'm always open to anything Lego, especially Lego sets that are retiring ;)

Don't know about biggest winners but perhaps some good to decent ones in the long run.

Imperial Hotel

Best Architecture set ever built and the original building was demolished recently which could increase value in a wierd way.

Palace Cinema

Horizon Express

Highway Speeders

Family House

Jedi Starfigher/Kamino

Tantive IV/Alderaan

Town Square

It's a BIG City set featuring a Pizza place, bike shop, public transport bus, and some other cool bits!

The Shellraiser Chase

The Turle Lair

Baxter's Robot Rampage

All the TMNT sets will probably go up in value but these should appreciate the most I think.

Arkham Asylum Breakout

Spider Cycle Chase

Daily Bugle Showdown

The Golden Dragon

Garmatron

The Riddles for the Ring

An Unexpected Gathering

The Council of Elrond

Pirate Ship Ambush

Umm....I guess that about covers it. Mostly just going by 'feel' and some stat crunching.

Galaxy Squad is great but probably won't appreciate too well unfortunately, and Chima is straddling the fence rather picariously. And all the Friends sets will gain in due time in their own way.

Great list man! I wasn't even aware that we were getting a Town Square, this is a shock to me! A pleasant shock I might add lol. Any word on a release date?

The Death Star. Oh wait, I'm sorry. I thought you said sets that came out in 1913.

Good one! I`m laughing quite hard. I`m still new to the investing scene, so in all honestly I don`t have much of an idea. LoTR Pirate Ship looks great just for the number of minifigs. For now though, I`m planning to pick up a Tower Bridge and/or perhaps a Haunted House and some others at my nearest Lego store tomorrow though. Still double points. I`ve almost earned a free Modular, as I have been collecting for 3 years. Until I learn more I`m going with what everyone else seems to be going with, with of course several exceptions.

Imperial Hotel

Palace Cinema

Horizon Express

Highway Speeders

Family House

Jedi Starfigher/Kamino

Tantive IV/Alderaan

Town Square

The Shellraiser Chase

The Turle Lair

Baxter's Robot Rampage

Arkham Asylum Breakout

Spider Cycle Chase

Daily Bugle Showdown

The Golden Dragon

Garmatron

The Riddles for the Ring

An Unexpected Gathering

The Council of Elrond

Pirate Ship Ambush

What is so special about Garmatron and Baxter's Robot Rampage ? The Garmatron set does not even look like the cartoon, it needs bigger and longer cannon. Baxter's Robot Rampage is an exclusive but looks very unappealing.

The Death Star. Oh wait, I'm sorry. I thought you said sets that came out in 1913.

HAHAHAHA! Now that's funny as hell right there!

Great list man! I wasn't even aware that we were getting a Town Square, this is a shock to me! A pleasant shock I might add lol. Any word on a release date?

June I believe, with a possible retail of $169.99. It could end up being a bit less than that or not.

HAHAHAHA! Now that's funny as hell right there!

June I believe, with a possible retail of $169.99. It could end up being a bit less than that or not.

Nice! I'm definitely looking forward to this set, I love town and city sets!