Hi from Wellington, New Zealand

hiya, just registered and thought I'd say hi from Wellington , New Zealand. I work at Weta Digital in IT and am a huge Star Wars and Lego fan. Just getting into collecting the Lego sets (will keep a look out for 10019 , 10129 and other collector sets) I like to look at the sets so not a collector for unopened examples :) I've just built the Super Star Destroyer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCTxTjgbWA And now started to build the Falcon (2nd hand set) (here is the break down video)

:D John

Hi, welcome to BrickPicker! Very impressive video on the Superstar Destroyer! The fact that you even own a 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon is very impressive!!

Thanks!

I got the Superstar Destroyer new for a good price and then spoke to a mate at work who I was told had the Falcon (purely to drool over it). Then he asked if I wanted it, I asked how much and I couldn't say no!

Turns out he sold it for 1 cent more than he got it new for back in 2007! Talk about right place , right time!

Very happy :D

You got it for $500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, he paid 999.99 NZD back in 2007 from Toy World which was the RRP in NZ (around 750 US @ 2007 exchange rate). And I paid him 1000 NZD a few days ago.

He built it once and put it back in the box :)

So not 500 US (which today is 600ish NZD) , but 840 US?

Sounds like we paid a lot more than the US did for it new though!

:D

Hello, fellow Kiwi, welcome to the site!

Awesome vidoes there, great stuff. Nice price on that MF as well!

I built the SSD a couple of months ago, it's a fun build despite the single colour scheme. looks sweet on display too.

hiya!

thanks!

yeah, the SSD is pretty cool! I plan to hang them up in the office and transport them back to the man room at home (once it's built). hoping to add some additions over time, just looking at the Star Wars, brick count by descending now

droooooool!

Nah, he paid 999.99 NZD back in 2007 from Toy World which was the RRP in NZ (around 750 US @ 2007 exchange rate). And I paid him 1000 NZD a few days ago.

He built it once and put it back in the box :)

So not 500 US (which today is 600ish NZD) , but 840 US?

Sounds like we paid a lot more than the US did for it new though!

Lol, either way it is still a brilliant steal!! ;)

hiya, just registered and thought I'd say hi from Wellington , New Zealand.

I work at Weta Digital in IT and am a huge Star Wars and Lego fan.

Just getting into collecting the Lego sets (will keep a look out for 10019 , 10129 and other collector sets)

I like to look at the sets so not a collector for unopened examples :)

I've just built the Super Star Destroyer

And now started to build the Falcon (2nd hand set)

(here is the break down video)

John

Welcome to Brickpicker John!

Hiya, rookie question, but where would I source missing Lego parts? I'm missing these parts from the Falcon 4211549, Medium Stone Grey Flat Tile 1X6 4514192, Medium Stone Grey Outercable 64Mm 4181144, Black Brick 2X6 4211388, Medium Stone Grey Brick 1X2 I could just take them from other sets I have but I feel thats just robbing Peter to pay Paul Any help appreciated Thanks! John

is there any place (other than Ebay) people sell used kits? I've noticed that Ebay sellers don't want to ship Internationally as they get charged extra. Which makes life tough waaaay down here at the bottom of the world :D

Try Bricklink.com

also you can try using a service like shipito.com to buy things in the US and have them sent to a virtual US address and then they ship them to you. I have used them a few times for various things.

• 4 weeks later...