8909 - Minifigures - Team GB Great Britain Olympics

TheOrcKing

Olympic Team GB  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Olympic Team GB?

• Brawny Boxer
    • Stealth Swimmer
    • Relay Runner
    • Judo Fighter
    • Tactical Tennis Player
    • Flexible Gymnast
    • Wondrous Weightlifter
    • Horseback Rider
    • Agile Archer
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Olympic Team GB?

• Brawny Boxer
    • Stealth Swimmer
    • Relay Runner
    • Judo Fighter
    • Tactical Tennis Player
    • Flexible Gymnast
    • Wondrous Weightlifter
    • Horseback Rider
    • Agile Archer
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Olympic Team GB?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

• 1 month later...

I know this topic is a few months old but thought I would share this. I enjoy trying my hand at most things, although I am not the most creative person in the world I thought I would try and come up with a nice way of displaying the Team GB set that I have managed to collect. So with a bit of measuring, cutting, printing etc I came up with this:

IMG_1980_zpsd25f6f96.jpg

I have had a play around and made a few different backgrounds.

I actually have 3 full sets of figures, 1 set we will keep but I might sell the other 2 sets complete with frames depending on what a full set goes for on eBay.

• Like 2

I noticed prices going up for these figures, a collection is around 45, individual figures are rising to. What we need is a black market polybag x-ray machine. I got 9 of these at 1.33 each, some could be the ones that sell for a fiver, some could be the ones selling around 10.

I noticed prices going up for these figures, a collection is around 45, individual figures are rising to. What we need is a black market polybag x-ray machine. I got 9 of these at 1.33 each, some could be the ones that sell for a fiver, some could be the ones selling around 10.

Can't you just smoosh the bags?

Guest TabbyBoy

I was thinking about the same as a 41999 without the box or contents. ;-)

I had the chance of getting a bunch of these for peanuts but I passed thinking that London 2012 will soon be forgotten which is has more or less.

Would have been so much easier if they had different barcodes like the first few series of CMF! I've seen a few people mention about weighing of packets, I don't have access to a set of scales that measure in increments of 0.01 grams though.

These minifigs aren't too bad for smooshing, I've managed a reasonably good success rate.

It's encouraging that the prices are increasing a little for these, especially in the UK. My aim was to get a full set and sell off what wasn't needed to try and cover my costs which I think I will do. 

Does anyone else display their minifigures in a similar way?

I know this topic is a few months old but thought I would share this. I enjoy trying my hand at most things, although I am not the most creative person in the world I thought I would try and come up with a nice way of displaying the Team GB set that I have managed to collect. So with a bit of measuring, cutting, printing etc I came up with this:

Man, that is really nice layout in my opinion. Well done.

I was in London at the time and wasnt buying lego at the time. I only ended up getting one pack coz I thought it was cute but spent so much while I was there that I sold it when I got back home, accidentally pricing it for too little in a BIN listing (just getting back into eBay at the time). Now I kinda wish I had loaded up. The locals were all over it lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

• 1 year later...

I have a hard time feeling the poly bags to. Ale my sets so I've been opening them to make my sets and selling or trading the doubles. Once I complete a set I usually put it in a frame and never touch the figures again. So my question is do you think it hurts the overall value by doing it this way and if it does how do people make their sets complete without being 100% sure that they have all the different figs and not multiples of some? And information is great appreciated, I have a nice size collection so far but I just started collecting about 6 weeks ago.

Most people display the figures after opening the packages.  I think the people that keep them bagged most likely dont display them.  I have found that if you keep the figure in the package it can add from 5-10% to the total value but that isnt always true.

• 1 month later...