Are Polybags a good investment?

I was wondering if poly bags made a good investment? I have limited storage space and I do not want to devout a large sum to LEGO investing. My goal in investing with LEGO is just to have fun and maybe someday down the line have the hobby pay for itself.

Absolutely! If you are starting out I would highly recommend investing in polybags for the simple fact that they do not take up any space at all and they are cheap and easy to ship. Another great thing about polybags is you don't have to worry about the condition since there is no box to get damaged or seals to fail! The only draw back with most of polybags is the rate in which the value goes up. You will not see a big jump in prices like sets. Just be careful when you buy as not all great deals in cheap polybags will mean great profits as some will need lots of time before the value will go up. I have seen some value stay the same for years so just a word of warning. Here is the rule I go by when I buy polybags. Minifigure first then theme. I buy based on if the set has a minifigure first and not on a cool or hot theme. A good example would be 30160 & 30161 from the Superheroes theme. Both polybags are from the hottest theme of the year, however I would invest in 30160 instead of 30161. Batman Minifigure vs. Mini Batmobile from 11 year of experience of selling I believe the price on the 30160 will increase at a much faster rate then 30161. I am not saying this will happen every time as I have been wrong many times when investing in polybags, but this is just a general rule I follow. Anyways, I hope this help! Good luck! Sincerely, Jack.

Thank You for the advice! I was thinking the STAP from Star Wars and the Ninja Glider would be a good start. The STAP because it has army building potential, plus the clear stand. The glider would be good for the six golden swords and minifigure.

Both are great sets to invest in, but I would be a bit careful with the STAP since there was already 30004 release by LEGO back in 2009. You do have to be careful with SW sets as LEGO is always reissuing new versions and when they do it basically kills the prices on the previous version. Also Battle droids can be found in a lot of sets and the prices on them have basically been the same for a very long time. We only sell sealed sets and do not sell parts and rarely part out sets so I don't know and am not an expert on parts so there might be lots of potential for profits for the remaining pieces. 30080 Ninja Glider is a must buy. We buy them every chance we get. Ninja minifigures are always popular and the prices on the ninja minifigures have historically been pretty strong.

• 6 months later...

I think the best investment about polybag come out ! It is the friends animal seires. You can play the animal with friends theme or city theme or even just play the animals alone. The best is it is not blind bag. You can choose what you like, just not like the minifigures. When people see the series 4 , they may want to see what they had before on series 1 or 2 ...I guess the price will go up quickly because the more and more series come out and people will keep looking back and collect it.