75024 - HH-87 Starhopper

Darth Lego

A German website posted a picture of the Star Wars 75024 HH-87 Starhopper that is slated to be released in the fall of 2013.

It comes with Obi-Wan(Disguised.), Cad Bane, and a Nikto Guard. It will most likely to be an exclusive set that will only be available in certain stores. Link to the Article. Will TLG soon stop making Clone Wars sets because the show has been retired?

I saw this, but I wasn't really sure what to think of it. It sort of looks like the Skyhopper that came out a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far, away. ;) I would probably only buy this set in order to get the pieces. The shade of green/brown is pretty cool, so I would use those to make a Kashyyyk scene or something. I just have to get like 30Wookiees, then I am set!

I saw this, but I wasn't really sure what to think of it. It sort of looks like the Skyhopper that came out a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far, away. ;) I would probably only buy this set in order to get the pieces. The shade of green/brown is pretty cool, so I would use those to make a Kashyyyk scene or something. I just have to get like 30Wookiees, then I am set!

Cough up the money for those 30 Wookies and it could happen. :P I don't think it really looks like the old one, but that doesn't mean I don't like it, guess I don't know what to think about it. Probably won't get it.

I'm always down for new ships. Kind of like the recent green bounty hunter dropship set that was in one episode of clone wars, it's just nice to see new designs being made. I'll be in for at least one.

Count me in on that. I have that Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship you're referring to. Besides a great half off discount, it was a pretty cool and something different for once spaceship. This Starhopper both looks great and is something different as well.

• 1 month later...

These HD images for the HH-87 Starhopper have sprung up. I'm noticing this pattern of store exclusive Star Wars sets with the caption "Includes (insert number) New & Hard-to-Find Minifigures!" which makes me wonder just which store will this one be exclusive to? Hmm....

• 3 weeks later...

So far, there has been no discussion of this set, and I just wanted to bring it up now. 

It has three minifigures, Rako Hardean, a Niktos, and a new Cad Bane.  This set was based off of some Clone Wars Season Four episodes, which featured this ship a lot.  It looks like it will cost about $40, and I was wondering what you guys thought about it.

8696953801_4a6e6d5c95_o.jpg

Edited by Jeff Mack
Add Image

I think it looks pretty ''lame''

I never watched Clone Wars though, and none of the figures appeal to me AT ALL ;)

Probably just me though.

+1. It just doesn't look classy. My wife said that it looks like a "flying schnauzer" (google search for images) lol.

Also the green bricks appeared very out of place IMHO.

I never really was a fan of Clone Wars. I kind of like the motorbike thingy, but I won't be buying this for personal use. Might pick up one, if I find it heavily discounted. 

I know that not all spaceships can be slick and stuff, but this one looks just plain ugly and uninteresting to me.

So far, there has been no discussion of this set, and I just wanted to bring it up now.

Darth Lego was the first to bring this set up around March, and later on I found some HD images for the set and attached them to his thread, so there has already been some talk about it.

While it may not be that great looking of a ship, it is what it is; basically a rental. :lol:

Characters are cool, and I think this will be a nicely different design to go with my other space cruisers.

• 1 month later...

Hey all. I just noticed that LEGO.com has the HH-87 listed with hi-res photos and what not. Says the release date is August 1st, and the official MSRP is $39.99. 362 pieces.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/HH-87-Starhopper-75024

I agree with most of you that it looks kinda meh. On top of that, only 362 pieces and 3 minifigs for $40 is a pretty horrible deal. I go by the rule of 100 pieces and 1 minifig for every $10 as being the average (at MSRP of course, not the insane deals us LEGO ninjas tend to find. I usually pay much less than that!) This set falls well short of that, but it does have what looks like 3 exclusive figures (1 of which is Obi-Wan in Bounty Hunter disguise. Pretty dope!)

Also, I just noticed, there's tons of stickers.. It looks like there are no printed pieces. Boo.

I will either end up scooping this early if possible and flip the minifigs to cover the cost of the pieces, or wait till the bitter end and buy at steep discounts right before EOL.

Man, LEGO's really got my number. I plan to buy sets I don't even like!

• 7 months later...

I need this one myself but i have been holding out. Most of the time, Walmart exclusives tend to hang around even after EOL. I think there is still plenty of time before this is gone. That being said, i think it will do well simply because it IS a Walmart exclusive but it will take some time to reach "maturity". Unless you find a really sweet deal on it, i'd wait to buy until close to EOL. 

• Like 1