10305 - Lion Knights' Castle

Pseudoty

Surprised we don’t have a thread for this one yet but do for some $10 sets? Broke down and started one to post Jangs’ self-reported longest YouTube Lego set review of all time. 

Early VIP access 8/3/2022 (No GWP) Limit 1 now up to Limit 5 MSRP $400  LEGO Store Exclusive for now. 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lion-knights-castle-10305

• Like 3

I think this set is real freakin' neato. To me it feels like one of those officially released sets that grazes the border of also looking like a fan build (at least from the exterior). Inside rooms are akin to the original Haunted House set which are a little bare yet with just enough fun furnishings for play.

Plenty of classic characters ever slightly modernly redesigned. Only complaint being why does Majisto the Wizard have no printing whatsoever? His compilation is spot on; however, lacking any detail.

Overall, what was old is new again.
And well done at that.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, mplsabdullah said:

Jangs review made me actually start to consider getting this for me and my kids. Of course if I do it'll have be timed with some good discounts and or awesome freebies emoji1303.png

Saw it in person at the LEGO store and it looks great and stand out from the rest. The price however, stood out as well. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Saw it in person at the LEGO store and it looks great and stand out from the rest. The price however, stood out as well. 

100% agree. Looks great but should have been 299. And from the lackluster sales, it seems fans agree. It's a shame. Would have been such a great 90th birthday present for fans. Now Lego will conclude that Knights don't sell.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2022 at 7:58 PM, BrickLover80 said:

100% agree. Looks great but should have been 299. And from the lackluster sales, it seems fans agree. It's a shame. Would have been such a great 90th birthday present for fans. Now Lego will conclude that Knights don't sell.

The price point is way too high for it to sell well, sure afols who grew up loving castles may have the dough now but we are still talking 400 bucks. In Switzerland it's 439CHF, I'm hoping the mainstream department stores get it and wait for a discount. Otherwise if there is a sweet gwp and double vip, I'll just order it from the french lego Sah and pick it up cross the border, its 399eur there. 

Here's their direct site: https://www.jorstad-designs.com/product-page/glenhaven-castle
I've bought their instructions for the Venator.  Good instructions that were simple to follow.  Solid build as well.
Their prices don't really make a lot of sense. $30 for a pokeball ornament instructions, but $1.50 for a opening pokeball instructions.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, keith1833 said:

Here's their direct site: https://www.jorstad-designs.com/product-page/glenhaven-castle

I've bought their instructions for the Venator.  Good instructions that were simple to follow.  Solid build as well.

I messaged the guy on eBay and asked “Just to clarify the set pictured can be built with 1 X 10305 and 1 X 21325 with no additional elements needed?” He replied yes, but there are clearly parts that are not in either set. So I passed for now. 

On 9/27/2022 at 10:42 PM, Shortbus311 said:

Their prices don't really make a lot of sense. $30 for a pokeball ornament instructions, but $1.50 for a opening pokeball instructions.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The $30 one includes the bricks. The $1.50 one is instructions only.

• Like 1

This looks quite nice, however I have no experience with their quality.

https://www.wickedbrick.com/en-us/products/display-case-for-lego-lion-knights-castle-10305

My plan is to display in one of my antique curio's.  Currently have CITF (910001) and 21325 with a small farm/market moc.  Still haven't landed on if The Lion's Castle will be centered or to one side.  

The storyline has almost written itself.  I have CITF arranged as a black falcon fortress, complete with a king and an army standing ready for battle. There is a conflict brewing in the forest, but the Lion's Queen has the power to bring peace with an agreed upon marriage uniting the two factions! 

Only thing left to do is actually build the castle...

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

This looks quite nice, however I have no experience with their quality.

https://www.wickedbrick.com/en-us/products/display-case-for-lego-lion-knights-castle-10305

My plan is to display in one of my antique curio's.  Currently have CITF (910001) and 21325 with a small farm/market moc.  Still haven't landed on if The Lion's Castle will be centered or to one side.  

The storyline has almost written itself.  I have CITF arranged as a black falcon fortress, complete with a king and an army standing ready for battle. There is a conflict brewing in the forest, but the Lion's Queen has the power to bring peace with an agreed upon marriage uniting the two factions! 

Only thing left to do is actually build the castle...

I looked into getting some of their cases after seeing some amazing pics on Instagram  for my SC collection but not only was the price prohibitive for a $20 set but shipping time was around 3 months and by then they would be dusty. 

$235 shipped for the Castle and it has studs to display the minifigs. Thought about it but don't think it would fit my Forestmen GWP set I added on. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Neat how they incorporated Excalibur into the side of the castle.  

I also just so happen to have an Excalibur in my display, but stand alone.  

Thank you, this has given me other ideas to consider once I get 10305 built.

Nice! I too have my 6016 locked and loaded for an epic scene when I pick up my 10305 next week. Not to mention 6062 and 6074. Can't wait to bring all these fiefdoms together.

375085726_MicrosoftTeams-image(29).thumb.png.560da8605a70564c652af38ed88090b1.png