21102 - Minecraft Micro World: The Forest

ericholm

Hi All, I am looking at the next investment options and looks like this set is a sure fire short term winner. Lego LEGO Shop at Home UK are indicating next shipment date of 23rd Nov! (2 months away), Lego LEGO Shop at Home USA say temp out of stock and it has been in and out of stock all year according to others posts. My kids at school say all the boys are constantly into playing Minecraft (The computer game). Amazon USA is showing sets for $110.00 and Amazon UK is showing it at

Hi All,

I am looking at the next investment options and looks like this set is a sure fire short term winner. Lego S@H UK are indicating next shipment date of 23rd Nov! (2 months away), Lego S@H USA say temp out of stock and it has been in and out of stock all year according to others posts.

My kids at school say all the boys are constantly into playing Minecraft (The computer game).

Amazon USA is showing sets for $110.00 and Amazon UK is showing it at

The problem with these CUUSOO sets is that their run is EXTREMELY limited, so is it any wonder it went out of stock so fast?! Unless LEGO is going to produce a large amount of these (about the same as all their other themes) so that everyone has a halfway decent chance of owning atleast one, then these sets will basically be worth something down the road only for the fact that there were so few sets ever produced. From most of the comments I've read, that's the only reason anybody seems to be trying to get their hands on this set. For it's investment potential, not much else. (Guess nobody actually wants to build it...) In short, if you can manage to buy a few of these, do it. LEGO is probably going to produce one more run of this, and that's it. Maybe another run after that, but somehow I doubt it. You can probably get by with selling a few MINECRAFT sets now, but keep a couple in a safe for the long haul. Again, their very limited production runs will make perfectly mint sets insanely valuable later on. Just like all the different LEGO store's 'grand opening' exclusives.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon sold at least a few hundred more of these sets today (possibly way more), and shop.lego.com reportedly had a small supply available as well. What will this do to the value and collectible status of this previously ultra-limited set? I don't know if there is much public information on this topic, but I am very excited to have obtained a couple, and am wondering what the outlook is from here on out.

Amazon sold at least a few hundred more of these sets today (possibly way more), and shop.lego.com reportedly had a small supply available as well. What will this do to the value and collectible status of this previously ultra-limited set? I don't know if there is much public information on this topic, but I am very excited to have obtained a couple, and am wondering what the outlook is from here on out.

I'm thinking it'll do pretty good when they completely sell out. You can pretty much see how fast they are selling out as soon as LEGO's selling them again. There's a ton of Minecraft fans, probably more than LEGO anticipated, and everyone wants to get their hands on one. I'm glad I got mine when the first pre-orders came out.

LEGO does a great job of keeping people guessing. In a way, they promote speculation when set inventories are constantly going in and out of stock. Smart business tactic in my opinion. The Minecraft set will probably go in and out of stock many more times before the final EOL. This time around, a couple of hundred sets do nothing to the overall future of the set. If LEGO decides to flood the market in the future, all bets are off.

• 1 month later...

Out of stock everywhere. Going price on eBay and Amazon is ~$90. Just sold one for $89.49 on Amazon. Not bad for a $34.99 buy a few weeks ago. I don't see this retaining its value 3-4 months from now. The Minecraft craze is nearing its end.

I don't know. If it was out of stock everywhere with high demands, why the price won't keep going up?

It will definitely go further up if LEGO release other similar sets, and this 21102 is officially retired.

I have sold several ~$75 but I want to hold on for my last few for now.

• 4 months later...