Burn the Blocks!

comicblast

I was just looking on Craigslist and found a listing by a supposed former Lego employee. Here is his description:

The tub is 25 pounds minus the lid. I'm pricing it at $12.50 per pound which is why I'm asking for around $250 (guessing 20 pounds minus the tub and paper instructions). I am an avid collector (and former Lego employee) but I'm closing up shop. The contents of this tub include nearly complete vintage sets from the 1980s and 1990s and loose parts through the 2000s (space, castle, pirate, a little star wars, etc.) but I catalogued exactly which pieces were missing. Sets are in separate plastic bags, and there are also loose bags organized by piece type and category: Flat plates, tons of specialty pieces, minifigs and accessories, even a fire boat hull that floats. If you're serious I can send you many more shots and give you details on the vintage set numbers. If you're buying this for a kid, this is a completely awesome starter kit -- although to be honest, some of these vintage sets with instructions might be valuable, even if incomplete, because I noted the missing parts needed to make them complete again. There is also one bag of Mega Blox, which I can burn or let you keep as you see fit. Another bag is rare LEGO ZNAP parts, and a tiny bag of Bionicle loose parts. Like I said, I personally combed through the entire collection brick by brick to ensure pure Lego goodness. Kept in pet/smoke free climate controlled environment. NOTE: The tub is NOT included but that'll let you review each and every plastic bag prior to purchase. All or none; will not separate the vintage sets out (unless one if worth $250 -- honestly haven't even researched that.) Thanks for reading!

Lol! Burn the Mega Blocks! I love this guy! Not really interested in the actual item, but it was too funny to not share... ;)

That's funny about the Megablok. I was sorting through my own mix bins this weekend and as I spotted them (yes, unfortunately there were a few bad apples in the barrel so to speak) I set them aside. Once I was done I wasn't sure what to do so into the garbage they went. It's a shame but where would you even donate less than a handful of Megablok that wouldn't just as soon throw them out too.