Hello! Am I the only one who imagines little worlds for their lego creations? If not tell me what you do!

QuinnMcBrick

Hello all! I'm a daydreaming builder. I love creating whole worlds (in my imagination) when I build with my LEGO. Instead of just making a little minifig, I make a whole back story and try to imagine where he comes from and what the world around HIM is like. I like to kind of turn my build experience into an almost MMORPG/board game feel. I like to have towns where the different minifigs can work/live in. I create a currency they can buy, sell and trade with. I also like to get other RL people to join in the fun! I can sit there for hours daydreaming and writing up ideas, drawing maps and sketching different races. I find this kind of play very rewarding! I do like to build the odd unrelated MOC to share with my friends, but mainly what ever world I have chosen to build/play in, is what I mainly stick to for a wee while. Tell me about your worlds! Hearing about other peoples creations are always so inspiring!

You sound like someone that's really into RPGs. I can definately relate. I love creating fantastical worlds, trippy characters, unique creatures, and....stuff. My biggest or best idea for a dreambuild would be a galactic diner in space. I've always wanted to have this big diorama filled with characters from each Space related theme all under one roof in a quaint setting. I also like medieval castle settings.

You sound like someone that's really into RPGs. I can definately relate. I love creating fantastical worlds, trippy characters, unique creatures, and....stuff. My biggest or best idea for a dreambuild would be a galactic diner in space. I've always wanted to have this big diorama filled with characters from each Space related theme all under one roof in a quaint setting.

I also like medieval castle settings.

That is such a cool idea!!!!

I like space and medieval too! He he end up doing the same thing with either ha ha.

I've just bought more containers to continue with the epic LEGO sorting saga! I read a few posts and they suggested that I either go with sort by type or color. Unless you have a sizable collection (don't think I'm quite there) then sort by color and type. I don't consider myself to own much LEGO, only enough to fit on 2 small book shelves. Yet I'd rather sort by type/color.

It's very therapeutic mind you, I seem to really enjoy it. =D

I sort by both color and type, at least basically. I use the large Sterilite drawers in the first image mainly, each set for different colors. First drawer has basic bricks, second for flat parts (plates and tiles), and the bottom one for 'unique' pieces. That works fine for the most part but now my collection has become rather diversified and now I'm buying the smallest size that you can see in the second image. They're great for little parts of the same color or type like translucent pieces. There's a middle one that looks like the second but a bit bigger and wider (can't seem to find an image). Those are great for sorting minifigures.

Not meaning to take this thread way off course, but I agree with the Sterlite containers, only way to go with parts. I also use the very small ones for oddball colors. Using fishing tackle boxes for really small parts works for me too since they have the little separators for the different parts.

I can relate to creating back stories to characters. I was sorting out my minifigures out the general mix bins so that I could put together an appropriate pirate/smuggler pilot minifigure for the SW ship I recently picked up. I usually don't mix and match minifigures to sets but since it's all staying a part of the same loop I am starting to get more comfortable mixing and matching and expanding it into my own universe. You know what I found out after I sorted it all out? Lol, that I need to buy more.

You know what I found out after I sorted it all out? Lol, that I need to buy more.

Ha ha! Ain't that the truth!

MORE DRAWERS! MUST BUY MORE!!!! xD

It did take me awhile before I even could consider mixing and matching characters, but I eventually warmed up to it. It helps to have extras of every character. That way you can still have one original that never gets used for kitbashing, and still be able to create all kinds of unique people!

Not meaning to take this thread way off course, but I agree with the Sterlite containers, only way to go with parts. I also use the very small ones for oddball colors. Using fishing tackle boxes for really small parts works for me too since they have the little separators for the different parts.

These sterlite containers, are they a type of container or a brand? I have heard that many use these Sterlite things.