75341 - UCS Luke Skywalker Landspeeder

Bold-Arrow

4 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

I don't think demand for this has been as high as LEGO expected. I was eager / sad enough to order at midnight, but looks like I needn't have bothered. It was limit 2 last night, but it's already up to limit 5. Why would they do that unless they had loads and weren't shifting them too quickly?

it is not, limit 2 per customer was changed to 5 per customer around 10am this morning BST. Lack of discounted Star Wars sets that was a usual thing around that event also throws people away + not all Star Wars sets are covered by 2x VIP points but only several.
Bonus set added to that purchase are decent but not exceptional. Many collectors will skip it. I was considering going and getting one myself but will skip this event at all as it's not worth the hassle. Plus this set will most likely will slapped with 30% discount within first year.

37 minutes ago, Shewie said:

it is not, limit 2 per customer was changed to 5 per customer around 10am this morning BST. Lack of discounted Star Wars sets that was a usual thing around that event also throws people away + not all Star Wars sets are covered by 2x VIP points but only several.
Bonus set added to that purchase are decent but not exceptional. Many collectors will skip it. I was considering going and getting one myself but will skip this event at all as it's not worth the hassle. Plus this set will most likely will slapped with 30% discount within first year.

I was definitely avoiding this set as previously posted, but now seeing your take on Cloud City in your last post, I feel obligated to run out and stock up ;) 

Geesh almost 4 years WB?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

will LEGO ever get punished for dumb decisions or will resellers ALWAYS bail them out

the ONLY reason LEGO raises limit of a $200 set from 2 to 5 in less than 24 hrs (still 3 days BEFORE the official release)  is pretty obvious.

I'm buying to build, I just figured that this was as good a time as any. I wouldn't hold my breath for more than 20% off over the next 18 months, so a GWP with a figure I actually want seems worthy. 

My church Lego bud was excited for this today, and I get it. It does LOOK good and I think it would look great on a shelf with the Ecto 1 I sold him and the BttF Delorean. So I can definitely appreciate it from that perspective, but still not something I'm going to buy, probably.

3 hours ago, keymomachine said:

My church Lego bud was excited for this today, and I get it. It does LOOK good and I think it would look great on a shelf with the Ecto 1 I sold him and the BttF Delorean. So I can definitely appreciate it from that perspective, but still not something I'm going to buy, probably.

A UCS No One asked for but it will still get bought because UCS

UCS are like modulars...don't ask, just buy.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 5:54 PM, redghostx said:

Having owned an Imperial Shuttle, it was so close to flawless that there's no need to reissue it. Other sets from that era are in far more need of a refresh: Vader's Tie is an excellent example.

Yay LEGO!

Completely agree on Vader's TIE.

Somewhat disagree on the Imperial Shuttle. It's my favourite UCS set but, I think it's in need of an update. The cockpit isn't a particularly good recreation of what we saw in the films and the exposed gears for the wings are a bit annoying. The Brick Vault MOC has improved on these two issues. Unfortunately, sourcing the pieces is way too exepnsive for me!

On 5/1/2022 at 4:23 AM, Captain_chaos said:

I don't think demand for this has been as high as LEGO expected. I was eager / sad enough to order at midnight, but looks like I needn't have bothered. It was limit 2 last night, but it's already up to limit 5. Why would they do that unless they had loads and weren't shifting them too quickly?

well, ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand anymore.

-Some whiny moisture farmer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Stopped by my local LS this afternoon. They were unboxing republic tank sets on the floor to get them back on the shelves as quickly as possible. Meanwhile they had 6 speeders on the shelf and 10 more behind the counter. I think lack of x2 vip points really hurt this one. 

For the record I like the set, but not enough to spend $200 or make the space to display it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tyskr28 said:

Stopped by my local LS this afternoon. They were unboxing republic tank sets on the floor to get them back on the shelves as quickly as possible. Meanwhile they had 6 speeders on the shelf and 10 more behind the counter. I think lack of x2 vip points really hurt this one. 

For the record I like the set, but not enough to spend $200 or make the space to display it

Agreed. I would have bought it if it had double points, especially because I really like the Lars Homestead promo. Just can't seem to justify it as-is.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finished building it, and here's a pic of it next to some of the other smaller UCS sets. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, upon weighing the Landspeeder, it is actually the heaviest of these four models. I had been worried that it would succumb to shrinkflation, but apparently not.

PXL_20220516_095440980_MP.thumb.jpg.ca5f8f5796adb39e5ffd7a2bc0fb4b7f.jpg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, maestro said:

Why has C3PO got a silver leg in this set? I don't recall his leg being silver in A New Hope

He indeed did have one.

image.png.12fe4ec1b62cb105797b1beac1f2b5db.png

Granted, I think they should have made a minifigure of him with the dong from the trading card:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ae446ce4865517453ec02cb1b1025aad.png

Have they made a gold sausage piece yet?

• Like 2