75341 - UCS Luke Skywalker Landspeeder

Bold-Arrow

47 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I like this. Are there a million of these? Yes, but to finally give this thing the details it deserves is awesome. It's an iconic symbol from the movies and I'm glad to see it recognized. I would display this before some of the other ships that are out there. 

I respectively disagree.  Sans engine compartment; it's just a zoom in of existing much smaller sets...the UCS scale only made some boring build steps x10.

my opinion is mainly due to the fact there are SOOOOOO many better options for an UCS.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I like Jang but he has a weak weird faces game 4/10 :P

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

most of us probably think if a poll was done a Luke Land speeder would not be high on the wish list for UCS.

that said, even Jang thinks one of two things occurred: one LEGO is purposely trolling fans or two, their marketing dept misunderstood online mentions as a joke to mean real interest in this vehicle for an UCS.

Or 3, They were in a time crunch and needed something with simpler design for the next UCS

It's OK I guess for most at least it's a ship they haven't done before.... But for me still I'm desperate for a new b wing and imperial shuttle - they were out before I started collecting 😬

The Mrs want more prequal stuff, especially a UCS naboo starfighter and pod racers 

It's OK I guess for most at least it's a ship they haven't done before.... But for me still I'm desperate for a new b wing and imperial shuttle - they were out before I started collecting
The Mrs want more prequal stuff, especially a UCS naboo starfighter and pod racers 
Having owned an Imperial Shuttle, it was so close to flawless that there's no need to reissue it. Other sets from that era are in far more need of a refresh: Vader's Tie is an excellent example.

Yay LEGO!

18 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Having owned an Imperial Shuttle, it was so close to flawless that there's no need to reissue it. Other sets from that era are in far more need of a refresh: Vader's Tie is an excellent example.

Yay LEGO!

yes, like the forth coming Van Goh...The UCS Imperial Shuttle was LEGO art....it's like a Star Wars fan sculpted his David in Billund

I'm torn.  It looks fine, it should display well but at $199 on the web store, do I really need to add it to my collection?  I find myself touching the Slave I every now and then, opening or closing the weapon compartments and constantly fiddling with panels on the Falcon.  Same with the 1989 Batmobile.  This does not seem like I will spend much time with it once its assembled.  Even the Hoth set gets more interest, for me.  The Bespin set is still in a box from when we moved here almost 2 years ago.

I don't think demand for this has been as high as LEGO expected. I was eager / sad enough to order at midnight, but looks like I needn't have bothered. It was limit 2 last night, but it's already up to limit 5. Why would they do that unless they had loads and weren't shifting them too quickly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

I don't think demand for this has been as high as LEGO expected. I was eager / sad enough to order at midnight, but looks like I needn't have bothered. It was limit 2 last night, but it's already up to limit 5. Why would they do that unless they had loads and weren't shifting them too quickly?

will LEGO ever get punished for dumb decisions or will resellers ALWAYS bail them out

the ONLY reason LEGO raises limit of a $200 set from 2 to 5 in less than 24 hrs (still 3 days BEFORE the official release)  is pretty obvious.