10302 - Optimus Prime

MotorCityMuscle

8 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Wow, that price point… $260 (am I seeing this correctly?). I was all-in at $170. Definitely not Day 1 now. 

No, it's $170 US, You're looking at aussiebucks there.

Sorry, Dollarydoos.

Edited by keymomachine
important reference.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

8308f7228bdafd30b65e51e27bbe2664.jpg

This picture made me think of "actual" scale of these 2 robots.  I think Optimus should be smaller than Lions 2-5.  The top part of lion's head (cockpit) is probably about the same size as Optimus's chest (cabby of 18 wheeler).  So, the lion's head should be about 2/3 the size of Optimus in robot form.  Optimus standing up should be as tall as Voltron's shin, just below where 5 is on Voltron's yellow leg.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, I'll admit I was never a Transformer fan but the set is kinda bleh to me.  I'd much rather have a nicer display piece but I guess that would defeat the appeal of it to said Transformer fans.  So, maybe we have a small target audience here -- or just more a kid set.

Transformers may be the bigger name, but I think the Lion's set has much bigger appeal to the generic Lego fan -- better looking set.  Just an opinion from someone who has no interest really in either . . .

Now, what would really be cool, and have much broader appeal, is do a big Technic Optimus Rig!  I'd be all over that.

Edited by gmpirate

28 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Kind of stunned to see that this is still available. I don't know if that means they made a boat load or it's not as popular as one might think. I bought one to build so I don't really care but it's interesting. 

I don't think voltron was a hot seller either. People that love this stuff really love it but it's a niche crowd. 

Summertime release probably slows sales a bit too. 

4 minutes ago, marcandre said:

I don't think voltron was a hot seller either. People that love this stuff really love it but it's a niche crowd. 

Maybe that explains why I love the Voltron set too. LOL. It's probably my favorite set. 

I follow the action figure stuff and I know Transformers still has a large fanbase. Maybe there isn't good crossover here for the fanbase. 

40 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Maybe that explains why I love the Voltron set too. LOL. It's probably my favorite set. 

I follow the action figure stuff and I know Transformers still has a large fanbase. Maybe there isn't good crossover here for the fanbase. 

My guess is that they have to sell a ridiculous amount to justify the licensing with Hasbro. Probably should've delayed the release with the movie, but I'm loving the 80s sets myself! It'll look great to display the DeLorean, Voltron, and OP next to each other 😃

I'm hoping to see this as a chance to stock up now before the rush starts....or maybe everyone just needs the cash for gas now 😕 but i'm still a newbie so what the heck do i know....

Edited by njlegolover

2 hours ago, marcandre said:

yeah...really weird...Voltron was a slow seller while on shelf...even made the rounds at Costco discounts...$160 or $180 (If I remember right).  Now can't find one sealed for under $350 plus shipping. Maybe we see similar w/ Prime and them it at Costco comes Christmas...pallets.

Costco seems to be a good indicator...pallets of Black Pearls...right?