10302 - Optimus Prime

MotorCityMuscle

It is hard to tell with these “reliable sources” now intentionally posting fake leakes: Uncharted, Knights of Valor, legend of Zelda. Besides the Hasbro license the biggest obstacle would be “transforms into a truck without disassembly”.

My response when I saw this was “holy ****.”

The key, to me, is who is presenting the leaked info. Some reliable leakers are posting this. Now maybe they’re getting fooled to flush out who is leaking.

But I haven’t seen some of the really good leakers leak anything intentionally wrong. They don’t even confirm the intentionally wrong stuff.
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

It is hard to tell with these “reliable sources” now intentionally posting fake leakes: Uncharted, Knights of Valor, legend of Zelda. Besides the Hasbro license the biggest obstacle would be “transforms into a truck without disassembly”.

Agreed with licensing concerns, but technically there are several Transformers products that do not follow “transforms into a truck without disassembly”.  They are more like action figures than transformers.

I am very interested to know how LEGO pull this off if the news is true. Just a few years ago nobody thought LEGO could create a Power Rangers-esque Mech by combining several different vehicles.

• Like 2

I hope we get it and an entire line someday. I just don’t get the Coke paying Pepsi to make Crystal Pepsi because the demand is there but Pepsi won’t/can’t do it. Has Lego ever done a liscensed themed set that belongs to another toy company that makes a competing product Kre-O? I guess if the financials work for both the deal can be done. 

35 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I hope we get it and an entire line someday. I just don’t get the Coke paying Pepsi to make Crystal Pepsi because the demand is there but Pepsi won’t/can’t do it. Has Lego ever done a liscensed themed set that belongs to another toy company that makes a competing product Kre-O? I guess if the financials work for both the deal can be done. 

It has been a while since I saw any new Kre-O product.  Are they still operating?  Now that I think of it, why did Hasbro release those GI Joe construction sets via a different company than Kre-O ?

i was one of those that was extremely skeptical over the past many years in a previous thread about this. But times have changed.

1. COVID has screwed up all aspects of producing and distribution of products. I imagine LEGO had this idea and was previously discussed but was shelved by Hasbro. Hasbro may now want to find more ways of making $ since their own manufacturing seems to be backed up. (All of the action figures pre-orders seems to be dates further out into the future.)

2.One limited figure/ model to test the water might be a safe way for Hasbro to see what the reaction from fans would be like.

3.With LEGO producing all these mech the last several years, HASBRO would be wise to license Transformers to keep the name relevant.  Also Transformers fans gotta be tired of all those rehashed action figure with different color schemes.  

My fingers are crossed and hope the rumors are true. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Lego has a premium value that Kre-O and Mega don't have. A well done large Lego Transformer would sell for a couple hundred dollars and sell quite well. Hasbro would get a solid percentage of that and it likely wouldn't ever be marked down much to move units. Likely more volume, a higher asking price, a better-made product, and tons of free publicity. Heck, if I'm Hasbro I'm shopping this proposal TO Lego and not the other way around.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

The instructions include notes about the franchise and some thoughts from the set designer, Joseph Patrick Kyde (who actually used to work for Hasbro on The Transformers brand before joining LEGO). 

image_2022-05-11_113207854.png

• Like 1