Speed Champions 2022

Pseudoty

Good video and great shot for a thumbnail to boot. The change from 6 to 8 stud wide for the builds was the best decision for the line, I agree. In the past I have tried to work within the limitations of a 6 stud wide chassis and found it made most rides too narrow and sometimes awkwardly chunky in areas they should not be. Odd as it sounds, a 7 studs wide frame mostly worked allowing nice detail while fitting on a standard minifigure roadway. Looking back most of the Speed Racer cars were 8 studs wide I believe.
Still the initial releases are good for what they are and can always be revisited by the LEGO company or its fans. A couple more years and Speed Champions will look like the lineup for Gran Tourismo or Ridge Racer or any of the other racing titles I played the heck out of over the years. ....Man, I just realized I have so many racing games. Haha.
Please not like current GT. It is the first game I've bought near release in a long, long time and it's incomplete and pushes micro transactions, plus it's been down for about 36 hours. It does have great cars though.

It's akin to Lego selling you a modular but making you pay an extra $150 for the interior :-)

Yay LEGO!

28 minutes ago, redghostx said:

Please not like current GT. It is the first game I've bought near release in a long, long time and it's incomplete and pushes micro transactions, plus it's been down for about 36 hours. It does have great cars though.

It's akin to Lego selling you a modular but making you pay an extra $150 for the interior 🙂

Yay LEGO!

I heard from a gaming news channel that the newer releases of racing games would require players to have constant online connection even for offline / single player mode.  They said it had something to do with car manufacturer licensing, but I suspect micro transactions were the main reason for the changes.

The channel said the only way to get around the changes was to purchase the older games that would work 100% offline :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Lego needs to fix their tolerance for centering on stickers. This is unacceptable and I will be complaining to CS.42036ad0b9aac9e1f06ce6748614e20a.jpg5466f198dd2c823d2e155830a665859d.jpg5523602293e41d318b2d75776286e5ff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Curious if the problems were on the design of the sticker sheet or on the manufacturing side.  Also, how widespread this is

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Pics r out 

And with that we have an official LEGO minifigure of Vin Diesel and, well, considering who all played Bond over the years take your pick so.... George Lazenby.

Anyway, both vehicles look good for the scale and should be amazing when placed in anyone's cityscape I think. Only unfortunate side effect here is being little room for even some of the gadgets the spy car is known for. Still display wise it is mostly on point and I would rather have that than possibly ruining the ride's aesthetics accommodating the various odd mechanics such as the silly "bulletproof shield".

With that said, I would like to see the other Bond cars like the Lotus. Also seeing the model reminded me of the hours I had playing 007 Racing on the PlayStation way back.