Speed Champions 2022

Pseudoty

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

just that pic alone is enough to reason why Speed Champs are "Champs"

quickly trying to pick my favorite ...GT40 jumps out but moreso due to it's unique color (which is pretty close to Laguna Seca Blue for Bimmer M fans)...trying to ignore the color and then COuntach jumps out...then I get all super nostalgic and I am looking at the vette...and it's too hard to pick AND that's why SC is the best

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 7:19 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

just that pic alone is enough to reason why Speed Champs are "Champs"

quickly trying to pick my favorite ...GT40 jumps out but moreso due to it's unique color (which is pretty close to Laguna Seca Blue for Bimmer M fans)...trying to ignore the color and then COuntach jumps out...then I get all super nostalgic and I am looking at the vette...and it's too hard to pick AND that's why SC is the best

I started buying Speed Champions the first year they came out... for my own personal build *doh*!  I was only occasionally reselling LEGO to support my newly rediscovered LEGO habit / addiction so buying a bunch wasn't even on my radar.  I kick myself each year a new wave comes out that I didn't load up the first few years.

I feel like this has to be the best wave yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exracer327 said:

I started buying Speed Champions the first year they came out... for my own personal build *doh*!  I was only occasionally reselling LEGO to support my newly rediscovered LEGO habit / addiction so buying a bunch wasn't even on my radar.  I kick myself each year a new wave comes out that I didn't load up the first few years.

I feel like this has to be the best wave yet.

To be fair some of them were overproduced and underperformed compared to sets from other themes with the same MSRP 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

To be fair some of them were overproduced and underperformed compared to sets from other themes with the same MSRP 

also speed champs was a theme that was exclusive to TRU for the first 2 waves in 2015 and 2016 which also made them much harder to find and load up on helping boost the early waves performance.  i remember a few all day road trips around the state and nearby states when tru put the f150 raptor set on sale for $25.   

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, cladner said:

also speed champs was a theme that was exclusive to TRU for the first 2 waves in 2015 and 2016 which also made them much harder to find and load up on helping boost the early waves performance.  i remember a few all day road trips around the state and nearby states when tru put the f150 raptor set on sale for $25.   

I missed TRU.  Things were much simpler when it was still around

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I built the Lotus on the weekend and it's fabulous. I echo all the others that say this is the best of the entire line so far. I still have a couple of each of series 1 in sealed box that I need to sell at some point, and I fondly remmebering paying $9 a piece at TRU.

Yay LEGO!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:39 PM, Pseudoty said:

Good video and great shot for a thumbnail to boot. The change from 6 to 8 stud wide for the builds was the best decision for the line, I agree. In the past I have tried to work within the limitations of a 6 stud wide chassis and found it made most rides too narrow and sometimes awkwardly chunky in areas they should not be. Odd as it sounds, a 7 studs wide frame mostly worked allowing nice detail while fitting on a standard minifigure roadway. Looking back most of the Speed Racer cars were 8 studs wide I believe.

Still the initial releases are good for what they are and can always be revisited by the LEGO company or its fans. A couple more years and Speed Champions will look like the lineup for Gran Tourismo or Ridge Racer or any of the other racing titles I played the heck out of over the years. ....Man, I just realized I have so many racing games. Haha.