Jump to content

Other Hobbies


tz6p06
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, tz6p06 said:

My favorite will always be a 1971 Plymouth Cuda, but unfortunately that is out of my price range.

My friend had one in high school 1989 or so. We would ride around and pick drag races almost every day at lunch.  I always loved those too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, tz6p06 said:

What other hobbies do people have?

I am trying to get back into drawing again (again). I became burnt and exhausted some years ago. Nothing professional, just something I always liked to do for myself really since I was little. Perhaps some figure studies. I don't know.

Meanwhile I have gotten myself back into a routine of personal fitness if that could be considered a hobby. Down about eight pounds at least even though I already am around my targeted weight for height. Been feeling better about myself with more energy. And eating substantially less as well but more thirsty instead. Maybe not quite healthier eating though. Ha.

 

13 hours ago, tz6p06 said:

51822630579_fafc4769a6_o.jpg

 

That blue is freakin' sweet. Great ride of course but damn.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

I am trying to get back into drawing again (again). I became burnt and exhausted some years ago. Nothing professional, just something I always liked to do for myself really since I was little. Perhaps some figure studies. I don't know.

Meanwhile I have gotten myself back into a routine of personal fitness if that could be considered a hobby. Down about eight pounds at least even though I already am around my targeted weight for height. Been feeling better about myself with more energy. And eating substantially less as well but more thirsty instead. Maybe not quite healthier eating though. Ha.

 

That blue is freakin' sweet. Great ride of course but damn.

That’s great about getting into shape.  I just got back from the gym.  It does make you feel better!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

I still play flag football. I got back into "game-ish" shape this year after a bunch of years off. Unfortunately we got beat in the playoffs 20-18 two weeks ago. My 1st season was '96-'97. I'm old..

Even though its flag football, how rough does it actually get?  🏈

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I keep bees, nothing big, we just keep 3 hives in our backyard.  We also have backyard chickens.

That would be cool to have the honey.  My parents used to have chickens and they were great for eggs and they were the best.  My dad also did a batch of eating chickens, I think he did 10 of them.  Those were also the best chickens I've ever eaten.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tz6p06 said:

That would be cool to have the honey.  My parents used to have chickens and they were great for eggs and they were the best.  My dad also did a batch of eating chickens, I think he did 10 of them.  Those were also the best chickens I've ever eaten.

the chickens are awesome, we just got them in the summer, they have so much personality.  We've done bees for 2 years and are moving into our third.  The honey production has been nice.  You can get really non aggressive bees these days that are pretty gentle to work with.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

the chickens are awesome, we just got them in the summer, they have so much personality.  We've done bees for 2 years and are moving into our third.  The honey production has been nice.  You can get really non aggressive bees these days that are pretty gentle to work with.

Chickens definitely have different personalities! We have 12 chickens and have named each one. My wife calls them her emotional support animals. She loves them so much. She holds them in her lap, lets them stand on her head or shoulders, and cuddles them all the time. 

As for bees, she wants to do that too, but we already have two dogs, a tarantula, a ball python, and the aforementioned 12 chickens. *facepalm*

IMG_2114.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Chickens definitely have different personalities! We have 12 chickens and have named each one. My wife calls them her emotional support animals. She loves them so much. She holds them in her lap, lets them stand on her head or shoulders, and cuddles them all the time. 

As for bees, she wants to do that too, but we already have two dogs, a tarantula, a ball python, and the aforementioned 12 chickens. *facepalm*

IMG_2114.jpg

ha, my wife does the same thing.  She'll come home from work and say "I need to hold a chicken" then heads to the back yard.  as for the bees, its only about 30 minutes a week during the spring / summer / fall.  They really know what they are doing so you are just supplementing their care and watching out for things like hive beetles and mites.   Outside of the chickens and bees, we've also got 4 cats.

Edited by zaphoid
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Chickens definitely have different personalities! We have 12 chickens and have named each one. My wife calls them her emotional support animals. She loves them so much. She holds them in her lap, lets them stand on her head or shoulders, and cuddles them all the time. 

As for bees, she wants to do that too, but we already have two dogs, a tarantula, a ball python, and the aforementioned 12 chickens. *facepalm*

IMG_2114.jpg

what do you do with all those fresh eggs?

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

ha, my wife does the same thing.  She'll come home from work and say "I need to hold a chicken" then heads to the back yard.  as for the bees, its only about 30 minutes a week during the spring / summer / fall.  They really know what they are doing so you are just supplementing their care and watching out for things like hive beetles and mites.   Outside of the chickens and bees, we've also got 4 cats.

image.jpeg.ec3c5cb3abbac7d56fecdcff61988756.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, tz6p06 said:

What other hobbies do people have?  I love cars, just sold a 1978 Pontiac Trans am and picked up a 2002 Trans Am.

 

51822630579_fafc4769a6_o.jpg

 

 

51822630554_c5da6d3564_o.jpg

Personally I would have kept the 78', painted it black and bought a cowboy hat.  But that's just me.

Edited by gmpirate
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, gmpirate said:

Personally I would have kept the 78', painted it black and bought a cowboy hat.  But that's just me.

When you've been around them for a while, change is needed.  The Y84 you are referring to is the black special edition car but not a car you want to take a Martinique Blue one to clone.  The blue is a one year only color and not something to change.  A large number of people I have spoke to at the TA Nationals are not huge fans of the Y84 cars and I can only assume its because of the Bandit.

Edited by tz6p06
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to compose and arrange music as an experimentalist/hobbyist.  I play guitar, piano, and drums and played percussion in concert band from middle school through college.  I like electronic music quite a bit and like making beats and loops and working with synthesizers.  Occasionally, I'll save enough homemade loops of varying length with a common theme that I can arrange a full song.  I got out of it for about 6 or 7 years and have just recently found myself back in it.  I find it really fun, it's a great outlet.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

I like to compose and arrange music as an experimentalist/hobbyist.  I play guitar, piano, and drums and played percussion in concert band from middle school through college.  I like electronic music quite a bit and like making beats and loops and working with synthesizers.  Occasionally, I'll save enough homemade loops of varying length with a common theme that I can arrange a full song.  I got out of it for about 6 or 7 years and have just recently found myself back in it.  I find it really fun, it's a great outlet.

Music is a fantastic creative outlet. I played some piano back in fourth grade music class but couldn't really do much outside of school so that didn't go anywhere. During seventh grade one Christmas, my mother got me a starter electric guitar complete with its own little amp. I had fun trying to learn the chords until something between me & my father ended up souring the experience. Took until last year of high school where I met a friend who played acoustic and coincidentally his dad had a set of drums, so he played his guitar as I took to the skins. Now looking back the music we made was, well, not good. But it was great fun. Haha. Unfortunately, I have not seen him since some years after high school. Doing well hopefully.

I remember way back as in early to mid 2000's of the internet looking for whatever music software programs I could find. I would have to dig deep into my Windows XP PC to find them. Ha. My first real digital audio workstation was Magix Music Maker 10 from I want to say 2006 or 2007. Bought it at Best Buy on sale for maybe $50. I went on a binge afterwards downloading all of the VSTs across the net I could (and maybe used about four of them, ha). I have like three complete tunes to my name on a backup hard drive. (Probably closer to two and an unfinished jam session.)

The field certainly has changed since then. There are a handful of opensource music related software out there (workstations, plugins, and VSTs alike) and going by reviews most of them are actually really good. I should bunker down and get reacquainted considering how more accessible the field has become. But one thing and day at a time.

Creating music can be a frustrating yet joyous experience. I'd recommend it.

 

On 1/19/2022 at 1:49 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I occasionally play a ukulele.

cromartiehighschoolgorilla.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...