Batman's Tumbler vs. Bane's Tumbler

dunkers97

Who else thinks that the tumbler that came in the 76001 The Bat vs. Bane : Tumbler Chase is WAY to small? I mean Lego really stepped down with this thing. Why couldn't they have made a another one like the bad boy in the pic from the 7888 The Tumbler: Joker's Ice Cream Surprise now that would've been impressive! Here's a video of the comparison...

I'd say pretty epic letdown wouldn't you? Yes the big one is a little bit over sized but it would just look boss sitting in your room! Thoughts?

With that being said, how do you feel the bat v bane will do when retired?

I really like this set and think it will do well. I think the Dark Knight was a very popular movie and the exclusiveness of the figures will help drive the price. While I think the new tumbler is smaller and not as nice as it's predecessor I think this set at MSRP (or hopefully you can get it for cheaper) has a lot of play value for children. I can no longer afford the original tumbler so I will take what I can get. I also agree the Bat would have been nicer in all black. I'm not sure if Lego did this for ease of building or just because they like touches of blue as trim to some of their sets ie Tie Fighters in their first run.

I really like this set and think it will do well. I think the Dark Knight was a very popular movie and the exclusiveness of the figures will help drive the price. While I think the new tumbler is smaller and not as nice as it's predecessor I think this set at MSRP (or hopefully you can get it for cheaper) has a lot of play value for children. I can no longer afford the original tumbler so I will take what I can get. I also agree the Bat would have been nicer in all black. I'm not sure if Lego did this for ease of building or just because they like touches of blue as trim to some of their sets ie Tie Fighters in their first run.

I also agree with this. While the new Tumbler is not near as cool as the original black one most people are not willing to pay $250+ for it. After all that's over 5 times the RRP. The new Tumbler should do okay once EOL, but it probably won't ever hit the price levels of the old one.

Good grief, the new one really is small isn't it?! It does look nice but is weak compared to the original badboy. Then again, do we really want the villian, Bane, to have a cooler vehicle than Batman? Still, for the price point you are getting a nice amount. An affordable set with a selection of features. Insta-win!