eBay buyers?

dunkers97

I don't see why not. With the system of checks and balances it sounds like Ebay is a racket that will shake down a seller that doesn't follow the rules. Just be sure to take the same care and detail you would want to see if you were buying from a seller with no feedback. If you plan on selling a variety of items I would start with smaller ticket items first. If you jump in you might scare buyers away and create a wariness that they might be bidding on a fly by night operation.

I don't see why not. With the system of checks and balances it sounds like Ebay is a racket that will shake down a seller that doesn't follow the rules. Just be sure to take the same care and detail you would want to see if you were buying from a seller with no feedback. If you plan on selling a variety of items I would start with smaller ticket items first. If you jump in you might scare buyers away and create a wariness that they might be bidding on a fly by night operation.

Ok. Thanks for the advice!

Dunkers97 , I would start out with buying some stuff first so that you aren't a completely new seller. Your listing would definitely get less attention if you have exactly 0 feedback. Right now I am using my dad's eBay account, so it works out ok because he has a decent amount of feedback....enough to make people willing to bid on my stuff and send items to me, that is.

Everybody has to start somewhere so if your listing is nicely written and has good pictures you will do fine. Who are we kidding? No one will look at your listing. It's never gonna sell. Face it dunkers97. Lol, kidding. I may even bid on it to help start you out if you give us the link....

A zero-to-low feedback seller will probably see lower auction price finishes and should price BIN stuff aggressively for a while, but if you're giving good service that should self-correct quickly - in my experience buyers are much more likely to leave prompt, positive feedback if they receive quick turnaround on something they got at a low-end price. Then, hey presto! you have the profile of someone who can charge a premium. Mentally, just write it off as cheap advertising or dues-paying.

Everybody has to start somewhere so if your listing is nicely written and has good pictures you will do fine. Who are we kidding? No one will look at your listing. It's never gonna sell. Face it dunkers97. Lol, kidding. I may even bid on it to help start you out if you give us the link....Well I was kind'f thinking about the future so I haven't listed it yet but just wanted to do this now so if should need to sell some smaller, less important things to get a good rating and then start selling my good stuff. Thanks though!

Dunkers97 , I would start out with buying some stuff first so that you aren't a completely new seller. Your listing would definitely get less attention if you have exactly 0 feedback. Right now I am using my dad's eBay account, so it works out ok because he has a decent amount of feedback....enough to make people willing to bid on my stuff and send items to me, that is.

I would suggest that at the same time you create your own account if possible and start doing some transactions with it. The earlier you start building your own reputation the easier it will be once you decide to stop using your father's account and focus on your own.

EVERY EBay seller started with zero feedback. It may be a bit slow at the start but as others have said if you follow the rules, pack well, ship quick, give quick reponses to any questions, etc. you will do fine. My middle daughter started from scratch during Christmas season last year. She was getting a little frustrated at the beginning because she was listing some of the same items for less than my older daughter, who has been selling for over 3 years with a top rating, but my older daughter was getting the sales at a higher price. However after the first few sales with good feedback her sales started picking up and sell prices also.

EVERY EBay seller started with zero feedback. It may be a bit slow at the start but as others have said if you follow the rules, pack well, ship quick, give quick reponses to any questions, etc. you will do fine.

Oh absolutely. I think selling minifigures off is a great idea to start too. Nice and easy, people aren't that worried about taking the risk. It brings up the feedback. I remember selling off hundreds of battle droids just building the feedback up slowly.