Technic 2022

$20 on joe vs dan

35 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

are we thinking that if this all turns out to be true, that the one with the Pirelli stickers could warrant a few extra bucks down the line?

I will hold the Pirelli ones I have until I see what happens with desirability and selling prices. If I see prices are higher than the regular ones when they are available again, I will hold on even longer. If the prices are similar, I'll unload them. 

On 4/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, exracer327 said:

A friend @ LEGO told me the stickers being removed are related to McLaren sponsors with ties to Russia.  So it's not just the wheels that are changing but specific stickers that are being removed from the set.

And you believed them?

The new official box art pics are up at Lego and Pirelli is still on the stickers just not on the wheels of this set due to a change in sponsorship to Google. The other stickers changed or removed was because they are no longer McLaren sponsors.  It is not a Lego issue but a McLaren issue as Pirelli remains on the wheels of the Mercedes F1 SC set. 

0E06AD41-0245-441E-8CBB-A6B05F6118CA.jpeg

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 5:51 AM, Pseudoty said:

And you believed them?

The new official box art pics are up at Lego and Pirelli is still on the stickers just not on the wheels of this set due to a change in sponsorship to Google. The other stickers changed or removed was because they are no longer McLaren sponsors.  It is not a Lego issue but a McLaren issue as Pirelli remains on the wheels of the Mercedes F1 SC set. 

0E06AD41-0245-441E-8CBB-A6B05F6118CA.jpeg

Did your order of F1s shipped on 11th? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

So what’s the difference. ^ 

If you look up the companies (stickers) that have been removed from the real McLaren car, they all have connections to Russian companies.  A comparison of the two sticker sheets will make it more obvious.

Sadly the new wheel look is actually worse.  The colorful stuf should be inside and the blue stripe should tehincally be on the tire itself, designating them as Pirelli F1 rain tires.

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

• TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:40 AM, marcandre said:

Love the crane but hate control+. I want real sticks to run it. For nearly $700 they could include a remote. 

yes!  The dreaded..."DAd it says I need to use your phone"  Seriously the concept of needing a smart phone to make a TOY work is the brainchild of engineers and accountants that don;t have kids.

ASININE!

• Like 2