Technic 2022

$20 on joe vs dan

LEGO Technic 42138 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 box back

Mustang Cobra Shelby

there's others mentioned here:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/new-lego-technic-sets-for-2022-unveiled/

lovin it...makes the orange vette look even more monstrous...but as this line grows the completionist will make that fugly orange turd appreciate big time 

[and don't forget the car transports that all these are perfectly sized for...I predict it will hit $400 easily and may settle on $500 a couple years form now]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Mustang Cobra Shelby

lovin it...makes the orange vette look even more monstrous...but as this line grows the completionist will make that fugly orange turd appreciate big time 

[and don't forget the car transports that all these are perfectly sized for...I predict it will hit $400 easily and may settle on $500 a couple years form now]

I hope you're right about the Transporter!!  That thing still sells below RRP here (Southern Ontario) locally.....

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Mustang Cobra Shelby

What's the chances that Cobra piece is  printed and not a sticker? Slim to none I'm sure.

Edited by melting

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Mustang Cobra Shelby

LOL, I don't get the whole technic line.  I think they all are fugly.  I can't stand all the exposed parts/holes/etc. compared to a creator model.  To each their own I guess. 

1 hour ago, melting said:

What's the chances that Cobra piece is  printed and not a sticker? Slim to none I'm sure.

It is a sticker. Some of the SC have the Mustang Horse as a printed piece on a $15 set. 

53 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

LOL, I don't get the whole technic line.  I think they all are fugly.  I can't stand all the exposed parts/holes/etc. compared to a creator model.  To each their own I guess. 

I saw the new Technic batmobile today at Walmart and on the box it looks awesome but not a fan of Technic builds at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRIX23 said:

gears, pistons, and other mechanics... that's the draw.  Not for everyone, I agree, but it fits a niche.  And like other Lego, it can be deconstructed and rebuilt.  unlike, say GearJits models (which are cool, also, but generally just collect dust at our house after it's built).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

42141 Mclaren Formula 1 - Brick fanatics think the back order and set out of stock is due to the Lego REDESIGN LEGO Technic 42141 McLaren Formula 1 Race Car redesigned (brickfanatics.com)

(because of licensing issues with the sponsors, though that is not officially confirmed at this time.)

Any thoughts on how this will effect the value of both sets?

• Like 1

This has been being discussed in the Daily Deals thread, not sure who started it there ;) 

All of the various online stories including my post are using Brick Clicker as the source and he has been highly reliable in the past. In a now deleted social media post LEGO official posted a picture with the 2 versions and titled it something like “can you spot all the differences”. Perhaps it will pan out to be an April Fools joke, they do one every year, to coincide with low inventory on this set we will see on Friday. The pics of the new version are up on LEGO website. 

As someone pointed out in the DD thread the revised set will need a new box not just new sticker sheets so it may be 2 months before we see more of these. Not sure how long the license is for this set but if it was already going to be a short run both could have long-term value above what they normally would, but if the set is out for any length of time then the version 1 would be the one to have IMO. 

As soon as I found out, prior to posting, I checked BL and the only deals on sets were from a seller in Poland they had 12 at $10 below MSRP but shipping would kill it. I did grab 10 sets of the Perrelli stickers for just under $6 each shipped, figured I could resell those for $25. And will see if Zavi actually ships theirs on 4/11. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

This has been being discussed in the Daily Deals thread, not sure who started it there ;) 

All of the various online stories including my post are using Brick Clicker as the source and he has been highly reliable in the past. In a now deleted social media post LEGO official posted a picture with the 2 versions and titled it something like “can you spot all the differences”. Perhaps it will pan out to be an April Fools joke, they do one every year, to coincide with low inventory on this set we will see on Friday. The pics of the new version are up on LEGO website. 

As someone pointed out in the DD thread the revised set will need a new box not just new sticker sheets so it may be 2 months before we see more of these. Not sure how long the license is for this set but if it was already going to be a short run both could have long-term value above what they normally would, but if the set is out for any length of time then the version 1 would be the one to have IMO. 

As soon as I found out, prior to posting, I checked BL and the only deals on sets were from a seller in Poland they had 12 at $10 below MSRP but shipping would kill it. I did grab 10 sets of the Perrelli stickers for just under $6 each shipped, figured I could resell those for $25. And will see if Zavi actually ships theirs on 4/11. 

Amazon had pre-orders up during the news break as well.  I was just billed by them after they showed a date about a month out.  So I have to assume they are pulling from the old batch.  Guess I'll find out soon.  I have to assume with all the production they've made about the set it will be out for a bit yet.  But given the box is stamped with the "2022" I feel like it wont go too far into 2023.

are we thinking that if this all turns out to be true, that the one with the Pirelli stickers could warrant a few extra bucks down the line?

4 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Also, for those that did not already grab one from Scheels they have them back in stock for shipping with $35 Honey

https://www.scheels.com/p/lego-technic-mclaren-formula-1-race-car/42884-6379491.html

thanks. looks like it's out of stock again, however.