Counterfeit Lego Listings on Walmart.com

JOEBRICK376

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

Not sure what's worse.... Counterfeit sets or all the people buying these. Prices too good, 3rd party sellers. 

If the people on this site are buying them, grandmas and parents across the country have probably spent hundreds of thousands on these. China wins again. 

Yeah, it was an easy choice to stay on the sidelines. Too good to be true and not a pattern we’ve seen before.

8 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Not sure what's worse.... Counterfeit sets or all the people buying these. Prices too good, 3rd party sellers. 

If the people on this site are buying them, grandmas and parents across the country have probably spent hundreds of thousands on these. China wins again. 

You’re correct. People knowingly buying fake lego sets is NOT ok. What happened to me was seller selling real lego sets but shipping fakes to buyers. Two totally separate problems. Both are wrong for different reasons. 

8 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

What happened to me was seller selling real lego sets but shipping fakes to buyers. Two totally separate problems. Both are wrong for different reasons. 

Even in this instance. Prices at levels rarely even seen (if at all) by a 3rd party seller (virtually unknown entity). It's definitely wrong that WM would let a seller like this in, but every sign was there of illegal, or at the least, misleading seller activity.

People on this site know prices and know reselling. When the two don't add up (WM 3rd party seller), it's either an incredibly dumb reseller(doubtful) or an incredibly shady reseller (this)

But, shame on WM for their vetting process. What a joke.

I will say that CS at Walmart has been great. With the exception of them asking me to ship the counterfeit product back to the seller (which I refused to do) they have been very helpful. It's taken a bit longer than ideal to resolve but I understand they have protocol they need to follow to do it properly. Every time they reached out to seller on my behalf they have to wait 48 hours for seller to respond. Luckily, in my case seller has been very responsive and always responded overnight. In end I'm getting full refund and got to keep product (which I'm donating to Ronald McDonald house at my local children's hospital). I had two separate orders of fraud. So I've been reimbursed on my first order and I'm expecting reimbursement on second order today. 

I was just on phone with Customer Support to get my second order refunded. I told her about the list Brickvoyeur posted. She gave me a help contact to forward the list to (which I did). BUt upon further investigation it seems only owners of copyright/trademark, etc can make claims on their website about violations. General public (us pEons) cannot. So it seems, unless Lego complains directly then they won't listen to our complaining. But common sense would show that those people are violating copyrights and misleading buyers at the least.

9 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

I will say that CS at Walmart has been great. With the exception of them asking me to ship the counterfeit product back to the seller (which I refused to do) they have been very helpful. It's taken a bit longer than ideal to resolve but I understand they have protocol they need to follow to do it properly. Every time they reached out to seller on my behalf they have to wait 48 hours for seller to respond. Luckily, in my case seller has been very responsive and always responded overnight. In end I'm getting full refund and got to keep product (which I'm donating to Ronald McDonald house at my local children's hospital). I had two separate orders of fraud. So I've been reimbursed on my first order and I'm expecting reimbursement on second order today. 

I am having the exact opposite results with Walmart Customer service. I have made several phone calls and emails. I am actually on hold right now waiting on a supervisor to help "address my issue", but for the most part I have just been blown off.

I've now been on this latest call for half an hour waiting for the supervisor...

Edited by Mark Beardsley

1 hour ago, Mark Beardsley said:

I am having the exact opposite results with Walmart Customer service. I have made several phone calls and emails. I am actually on hold right now waiting on a supervisor to help "address my issue", but for the most part I have just been blown off.

I've now been on this latest call for half an hour waiting for the supervisor...

I can't say why I've had good service and am getting results. 2 possible reasons.... Just guessing here. 1: I've been very polite to the CS people (not implying that others aren't also being polite, I'm just stating that I have been). 2: I informed them that I filed reports with USPS fraud, filed police report, and filed Cyber Crime report with FBI. Maybe that holds some weight. Or maybe I've just gotten lucky with the CS people that have handled my calls. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, airhanny said:

Speaking of counterfeit LEGO, so far there is no counterfeit LEGO with exactly LEGO logo with exact packaging right?

gotta assume this will happen soon if not already. and then its gonna start to get real hard to differentiate. and if spreads to amazon...expect the gating screws and possible regating to happen..

My mom ordered a Elefun game that was supposedly delivered today that wasn't from 3rd party Walmart seller Square Circle LLC. I called FedEx with the tracking number and they said that package was delivered to a police station in my mom's town, not to my mom's address.

Somehow the scammers found a tracking number for a package to be delivered to my mom's small town and uploaded that for the shipping info to Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, chaozz said:

just order then when it arrives report to WM with photo's, 

i have done this many times when I spot fakes, Chinese sellers (That ship from China) any  branded products should not be welcomed on any platform.

but it is.

Walmart is basically knowingly mixing in fakes w/ their legit offerings and profiting form them as well.

Here is a well documented issue specific for Pokemon but easily applies to LEGO as well as the China company is a huge mulit-billion dollar company

https://bestlifeonline.com/walmart-counterfeit-pokemon-cards-news/

22 hours ago, chaozz said:

just order then when it arrives report to WM with photo's, 

i have done this many times when I spot fakes, Chinese sellers (That ship from China) any  branded products should not be welcomed on any platform.

This happened to me last year when I ordered 6 corner garages that came as knockoffs. (Sold as real Lego brand). It took me dozens of points of communication and many hours on the phone. They wanted me to ship the fakes back to them. I refused to do that. In the end they let me keep the fakes. Got full refund and then I donated the fakes to local children’s hospital (I have receipts to prove this). That’s how you screw Walmart and the scammers. But it took tons of time/effort. But I was on a mission to not let these people win. And yes, I also filed reports with police, the FBI (cyber crimes) and the FTC. 

16 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

This happened to me last year when I ordered 6 corner garages that came as knockoffs. (Sold as real Lego brand). It took me dozens of points of communication and many hours on the phone. They wanted me to ship the fakes back to them. I refused to do that. In the end they let me keep the fakes. Got full refund and then I donated the fakes to local children’s hospital (I have receipts to prove this). That’s how you screw Walmart and the scammers. But it took tons of time/effort. But I was on a mission to not let these people win. And yes, I also filed reports with police, the FBI (cyber crimes) and the FTC. 

Interesting you mention Corner Garage. Just so happened to notice that there is an ebay seller over the last few weeks/ (months?) that every single day without fail lists exactly ONE corner garage at $260 which pretty much instantly sells out. It is 2 sellers with variants of the same name of ebay store, I wont list them  but a quick filter by sold listings will show who it is. Now that you mention it, a likely scenario is that this person is selling knockoffs, selling one per day to stay below the radar. Yes before everyone piles on, i know its possible they were bought at clearance price or other channels, but still, im suspicious. 260 is significantly below market price.