57 members have voted

1. 1. How high can the Zombies 9765 Go?

• Its Done Growing
    • $200
    • $250
    • $300
    • Can't stop it, its growth is undead!

• 3 weeks later...

I know some people are OCD completists, but I don't understand how this set sells for the prices people are asking for right now.  I'm a fan of zombies in general, and of course I'm a fan of Lego.  I came late to the game here, but after some digging I managed to get the zombie bride and groom minifigs for around $20 shipped for both.  The other 2 minifigs are a lot more common, and I don't think there are any rare bricks here.  So if the main draw is the zombie figures, why don't people just buy them separate and save some cash?

I think someone mentioned earlier that they want to buy to complete their MF collection. That's probably for most of the case. I agree that zombies are the main attraction of the set.  For me i would rather buy the minifigs and vampyre castle instead.

But if i need it to complete my collection, i wouldn't mind paying that high. Lucky that i like only HH and VC.  :shifty:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember passing this set up when I saw it in the shops. Its ghastly. Look at the coffins' design. Good grief.

I'm a aghast its $300 now. Wished I actually bought one just to keep in the box. But I was in my Dark Ages then :(. As for the rest of the MF series, its a flop here in Oz. Retailers can't get rid of them at all. I've just bought a HH for 169 AUD.

Maybe Lego should just create one whole zombie line.

• 2 months later...

curious about selling this set. Is the high price for sealed-in-box sets, or are used sets selling well? I bought this set the day it launched and its been sitting on a display shelf with box stored. i was planning on collecting the whole series but lost interest. I have a few other MF sets but only want to keep the HH since my kids play with it. 

curious about selling this set. Is the high price for sealed-in-box sets, or are used sets selling well? I bought this set the day it launched and its been sitting on a display shelf with box stored. i was planning on collecting the whole series but lost interest. I have a few other MF sets but only want to keep the HH since my kids play with it. 

It's selling for around $125 in the US in a used state....

The MISB price is about $215 w/ free shipping on eBay. That seems to be the current highest price the set moves. That gives is an avg selling price around $20ish without free shipping (selling fees not removed). I haven't checked used 9465 sets lately.

Honestly, I was very bullish on MISB 9464s when I bought a lot of them for $113 each and one for $90 earlier this year. I started selling my sets a 2-3 months ago and expect to sell-out before Halloween. I will keep at least 3 sets to possible future growth.

Like previous niche sets that rose in price quickly (10173 Holiday Train, 7888 Batman 1 Tumbler, 10132 Hogwarts Train) demand seemed to have slowed down around the $210 price. Doesn't that mean you it won't increase maybe 10%(or more) more each year! heck no. However, nothing else is helping to keep demand steady or even increase it. The MF seems to have been a dud except to sets (HM and this. VC EOL got off to a bad start because of TRU). There isn't a licensed movie or tv show tie-in to help. Still a 3-4 month production run is pretty rare especially for a one-retail or exclusive set.

If I were you in shoes, I would prob hold onto 9465 since you only have 1 set. Bricklink a used one yourself especially if you csn find the minifigs on the cheap. It's actually a pretty cool set and will compliment the HM plus it' small enough to not take away from larger sets. My 5 year lives the set. Even the vehicle is sorta cool despite being "strange".

Let's not forget this set is the only one with a female zombie plus the groom's face is actually exclusively different from the other dead guys. I mean, if there was any reason for the set to retain value and slowly continue growing over time as stock depletes. I may have had a faint idea as to the popularity of this store exclusive set in the beginning but no idea it would explode this much. Far out.

Let's not forget this set is the only one with a female zombie plus the groom's face is actually exclusively different from the other dead guys. I mean, if there was any reason for the set to retain value and slowly continue growing over time as stock depletes. I may have had a faint idea as to the popularity of this store exclusive set in the beginning but no idea it would explode this much. Far out.

yeah, it's been a while since we had a $40 set explode to $200+ just 20 months after retirement.

yeah, it's been a while since we had a $40 set explode to $200+ just 20 months after retirement.

it does seem out of the ordinary. the only reason I thought about selling it is the price is so high, I could definitely help a collector complete their collection, and use the money to buy some more play friendly kits for the kids. I love the theme, still can't believe its shutting down. Movie licensing, although a boon to lego, seems to have double edged sword, as new themes without the marketing push from big Hollywood marketing budgets seem to falter. Lego should of made a cartoon about about Monster Fighters, would of been awesome. 

• Like 1