Honey Cashback Offers

3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I'm starting a new thread because I don't want to clog up the Daily Deals thread with this, but it appears that the Honey Cashback offers at Shop at Home and Walmart remain active on certain sets.

Honey Cash back offers

SAH 10%-12%

Walmart 5%-10%

https://www.joinhoney.com/explore/popular/lego shop/E9DXCzE8d_114

That Honey Gold adds up nicely.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else noticed that the Honey offers seemed to really dry up when double points started? The week before, Honey was offering several major sets (Gardens, Hogwarts Castle, & Disney Castle) for 20% gold back. I foolishly waited in hopes their deals would continue with double points. Now all I see is a few offers at 5%. Ohh well, the sets I was eyeing aren't retiring until next year so I guess the offer will be back sometime before then... ...

32 minutes ago, StLBrian said:

Honey is now up to 20% back. There are less sets with offers but some are quite good. I just picked up the 71043 Hogwarts Castle with $79.99 in Honey Gold. Add on the VIP points, and that works out to $300 for the set (25% off).

Same, got the Hogwarts Icons (Giant Hedwig) with $50 cash back... and Chamber of Secrets with $25. That was about it for HP but great deals. Way better than x2 VIP or the dorm room promo.

3 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

Same, got the Hogwarts Icons (Giant Hedwig) with $50 cash back... and Chamber of Secrets with $25. That was about it for HP but great deals. Way better than x2 VIP or the dorm room promo.

Dorm room starts tonight at 12 AM EST, correct? (or at least, in theory--hard to say with SAH) I've got some HP sets that I haven't  max ordered yet and will be ready in my cart for this evening. Honey is good for the next 18 hours, so that could be a nice combo is LEGO's site works. 

1 hour ago, BillyBricks said:

Dorm room starts tonight at 12 AM EST, correct? (or at least, in theory--hard to say with SAH) I've got some HP sets that I haven't  max ordered yet and will be ready in my cart for this evening. Honey is good for the next 18 hours, so that could be a nice combo is LEGO's site works. 

I don't see any Honey offers right now. Is that just me or are they gone?

12 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

I don't see any Honey offers right now. Is that just me or are they gone?

This is the link from above that comes directly from the extension when you go to the Lego site:

I've had it load up the whole list but only certain ones are available to me for Honey Gold in the past, but for me today, all of them have offers available.

3 minutes ago, keymomachine said:

This is the link from above that comes directly from the extension when you go to the Lego site:

I've had it load up the whole list but only certain ones are available to me for Honey Gold in the past, but for me today, all of them have offers available.

Also don't just activate them willy-nilly because I think there are limits to how much total you can activate in a day. 

5 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

I chickened out. Offer showed for me at 9:30am yesterday morning and I waited too long on 20% in the past... I figured LEGO and Honey have at least some coordination in NOT combining the best offers. I will order more HP tomorrow or the next day to get the dorm room. :) Hopefully more honey with it!

Can someone explain Honey to me? I made an account and installed the extension. After doing it wrong the first time (didn't activate the offer), I went in to the offers page and clicked on the "activate offer and shop" button for the Chamber of Secrets set (20% cashback). It immediately sent me to LEGO Shop at Home. Went through checkout and paid (no honey pop-ups). Going back to Honey I still see the "activate offer and shop" listed, and in my activity I only see the standard "1-5% cashback" listed under the purchase. Did I do something wrong? How can I get the full 20%?

EDIT: Never mind - now it shows BOTH a line for the standard 1-5%, and a line for the 2599 Honey Gold points. I guess it just took a while to register.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Can someone explain Honey to me? I made an account and installed the extension. After doing it wrong the first time (didn't activate the offer), I went in to the offers page and clicked on the "activate offer and shop" button for the Chamber of Secrets set (20% cashback). It immediately sent me to LEGO Shop at Home. Went through checkout and paid (no honey pop-ups). Going back to Honey I still see the "activate offer and shop" listed, and in my activity I only see the standard "1-5% cashback" listed under the purchase. Did I do something wrong? How can I get the full 20%?

EDIT: Never mind - now it shows BOTH a line for the standard 1-5%, and a line for the 2599 Honey Gold points. I guess it just took a while to register.

Yeah, it takes a bit for the browser to recognize a deal and you only get gold when an item ships, so keep tabs on what is backordered when you place your order. 

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

I think they recently changed redemption for the better... now you can cash out the full amount as long as you have over ten dollars and you can transfer it straight to your PayPal (as honey is a PayPal product)

14 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

I chickened out. Offer showed for me at 9:30am yesterday morning and I waited too long on 20% in the past... I figured LEGO and Honey have at least some coordination in NOT combining the best offers. I will order more HP tomorrow or the next day to get the dorm room. :) Hopefully more honey with it!

I hear you. I was not expecting the dorms to show up since there was a post on Brickfanatics indicating it had been removed from the US calendar. But clearly that was wrong.

Oddly enough, it looks like my purchase from yesterday did not register as having activated the offer. So I just placed the order again this morning to get the dorms.

But now I have two castles coming. I intend to return one. Has anyone run into problems returning sets over $200 (i.e. those 'not eligible for self return)? It sounds like all I need to do is give customer service a call.

Edited by StLBrian

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

Sometimes the extra gold doesn't take. That's why I always take screenshots of the offer amount and one showing I activated the offer. I've never had an issue getting the gold when I e-mail then to follow up sending them the screenshots. Just give it a week or two after the item has shipped to inquire.