Art MOCs

TheOrcKing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazon recommended a new book for me about Lego art by lego sculptor Mike Doyle.  

Beautiful Lego

The cover of the book is of his world Odan.  His website for the project is mikedoylesnap.blogspot.com.

ODAN.jpg

Or take a look at this one: www.thisiscolossal.com/2011/09/lego-victorians-mike-doyle/

lego-1.jpg

I think it would be great to have a list of all the great Lego Sculptors out there.

I would also like to add Sean Kenney. www.seankenney.com

1306222971m_SPLASH.jpg

I know there has been a smattering of cool work throughout the forums, but maybe we should collect it here so we can all be amazed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Excellent pick, TOK. That guy does so much trippy stuff... tessellations, mind boggling staircases, etc. In the spirit of optical illusions, here's a good ol' penrose triangle:

lego-triangle.jpg

I'm confused... :frantics:

Guest eightbrick

There's an article on Brothers Brick on them: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/01/10/build-your-own-penrose-triangle/ If you look closely at the top corner you will see it is slopes not actually connected as segreto said.

almostthere.jpg

The one I posted earlier could be the same method on the left corner (something looks fishy there) or it could be photoshopped.

There's an article on Brothers Brick on them: http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/01/10/build-your-own-penrose-triangle/ If you look closely at the top corner you will see it is slopes not actually connected as segreto said.

The one I posted earlier could be the same method on the left corner (something looks fishy there) or it could be photoshopped.

I was looking at that corner originally, and I noticed that something was fishy right away. Never knew that the angle of the picture taken can affect how you see something. I learn something new everyday.

To continue to deviate from the topic (oops), does anyone remember these?

Yes.... :mda:

I saw a pic of a penrose where the picture is taken at such an angle that the triangle seems to be connected, when it is not connected at one of the points.

Optical illusion at its finest. Check this out on the "Ascending and Descending" MOC by Andrew Lipson.

lego_ascending.jpg

Appears to connect all around just like the original drawing when in fact....

ascending_construction1.jpgascending_construction2.jpg

it does not. Brilliantly planned build with the perfect camera angle equals incredibly amazing illusion!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...