10292 - Friends The Apartments

Pseudoty

22 minutes ago, marcandre said:

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.

Have to agree.  I liked Friends until they decided it was more important for parents to pursue what makes them happy rather than their own kids, but Seinfeld was funnier.  Also, I haven't watched live tv since I was a kid, really don't watch much else either, but I bought the entire 9 seasons of The Office.  My wife and I watched it at least 4 or 5 times and I still will get sucked into an episode if someone else finds it on some channel.  Funniest show ever and it never gets old.  And this of course is obviously not just my opinion, but fact.

As far as Friends goes as a Lego series . . . I have no idea (nor care to know) of what the marketing research shows, but it was still hugely popular and continues to be.  Hard to figure which hugely popular TV show would be done in which order but I'm sure they've done some research.  I'm just rambling here because it's 4:30 in the morning and I haven't been able to sleep, but other than for investment purposes I have no interest in any of these tv sets.  To me they just aren't very display worthy compared to a Millennium Falcon, rocket ship, Mustang or a modular city.

• Like 1

Unless the LEGO company officially uploads an image of the set itself, we cannot let leaks be posted at this time. Apologies for stepping on anyone's toes here. We simply do not want LEGO's legal team knocking on our door (in particular the Macks). I am always excited for the official reveal same as the next man. Until then please....

postnobills.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, raindroplet said:

I reflect this opinion and I absolutely adore American sitcoms. It's bizarre how LEGO has seemingly danced around the shows that I like. That Big Bang and Friends can get sets before The Office, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec is an absolute insult to the genre. 

At least we'll get Seinfeld. Maybe in 30 years we'll see LEGO Frasier. 

I believe the reason for The Office not getting a set (yet) is more about logistic.  The actual show was taped in much bigger area (warehouse) than BBT & Friends (a studio stage).  Each LEGO set is an iconic location for BBT (apartment) & Friends (Central Perk).  There is no such thing for the Office.  The set was designed like real office location and did not really have a place for the whole cast to hang together frequently.  You can say Mike/Dwight's office was iconic, but the casts never hang together in that office, because it was too small to fit 9+ people.  LEGO would need to re-create the whole office space to do it justice, ie. the set will be expensive. 

This is why I am excited to see this new Friends set.  LEGO is not shy about creating a $120 set based on 2 studio stages, meaning there is hope they would create an even larger set to do the Office justice.

Meh on Frasier.  The real tragedy is we do not have a set for The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

(Now this is a story all about how....)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/8/2021 at 4:09 PM, cardkid said:

This is cool. looks like Central Perk is perking up, time to get more.

Still widely available online and as low as $51.99 on Amazon and Best Buy right now. Also available on LEGO Shop at Home with a limit of 3.

Any thoughts on whether this set is too hoarded already or if Lego might keep it around longer since this set is coming out?

Edited by oneknightr

44 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Still widely available online and as low as $51.99 on Amazon and Best Buy right now. Also available on LEGO Shop at Home with a limit of 3.

Any thoughts on whether this set is too hoarded already or if Lego might keep it around longer since this set is coming out?

I remember when we all thought the Delorean was too hoarded.

• Like 2

I like how they make the living room furniture "modular" as you can switch them up between the 2 apartments. 
Didn't they swap furniture in the show too?

Yes. The girls and boys held a “who knows more about the other” competition. They kept raising the stakes to eventually be swapping apartments. The girls lost.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Yes. The girls and boys held a “who knows more about the other” competition. They kept raising the stakes to eventually be swapping apartments. The girls lost.

easily the funniest episode 

[but funniest scene for me was the cheesecake episode...where Joey walks upon friends eating cake off the floor [box fell to the ground in the hallway]...and without saying a word...pulls a fork out of his inside pocket and starts joining them]

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

[but funniest scene for me was the cheesecake episode...where Joey walks upon friends eating cake off the floor [box fell to the ground in the hallway]...and without saying a word...pulls a fork out of his inside pocket and starts joining them]

Funniest to me is the “could I be wearing anymore clothes?” episode (also reflected in this set)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Alright what we having lol 

• Like 1