Shop at Home calendar and offers - April 2021

Alpinemaps

1 minute ago, exracer327 said:

Is it just me or is this calendar anti-climatic?

Very, was looking to see what promo would stack with the Ulysses and it is just the carrot.  I am assuming that even if the Discovery is limit 2 that the Ulysses will be one redemption per VIP account. So had to load points to both VIP accounts. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Very, was looking to see what promo would stack with the Ulysses and it is just the carrot.  I am assuming that even if the Discovery is limit 2 that the Ulysses will be one redemption per VIP account. So had to load points to both VIP accounts. 

Any photos yet of the Ulysses?

49 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’ve heard quite a few people in various circles express their....disappointment. This is the most lackluster calendar in a long time.

As for the double post - sorry for the confusion. I like to get all calendars loaded here just for archival purposes.

The basic difference between March and April is that we lost the Amelia Earhart GWP. I'm surprised they weren't complete dicks and didn't included a map for us to try and find it. 

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

so you have two vip accounts and doing a redemption of ulysses on both ? from the same computer ? do they not ban people on going over limits on vip rewards ? asking seriously this is interesting

51 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Any photos yet of the Ulysses?

None that I have seen.  They did not send it out to LAN for early review so that cuts that leak out and it seems like they have the CZ plant leak under control. Perhaps it wont be ready to ship with order or they did a good job of locking this one down. 

18 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

so you have two vip accounts and doing a redemption of ulysses on both ? from the same computer ? do they not ban people on going over limits on vip rewards ? asking seriously this is interesting

Correct.  I would not be going over the limit per account as I don't think that will be possible with this promo.  I do not believe there is any limit to regular GWP like Amelia as long as you make a qualifying purchase. Others just buy the GWP directly from the backroom.

8 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

None that I have seen.  They did not send it out to LAN for early review so that cuts that leak out and it seems like they have the CZ plant leak under control. Perhaps it wont be ready to ship with order or they did a good job of locking this one down. 

Correct.  I would not be going over the limit per account as I don't think that will be possible with this promo.  I do not believe there is any limit to regular GWP like Amelia as long as you make a qualifying purchase. Others just buy the GWP directly from the backroom.

Having two accounts surely is very risky, Lego would surely ban you if they realised. I wouldn't take that risk to be honest.  

6 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Having two accounts surely is very risky, Lego would surely ban you if they realised. I wouldn't take that risk to be honest.  

When they went to the new system I actually had to call and see if they could merge my points from my old secondary account, that I hadn't used for a while, to my primary account or I was going to loose those points.  The only way they could get it to work was to restore all points earned on the secondary which was around 85K so they actually told me I would have to keep both accounts open and they gave me some bonus points for my troubles.  

I didn't get the Bat Pod and other then cashing out the original rollover points haven't used the secondary account until last week when I needed to purchase $300 worth of lego (including the Pooh set that I will review in that thread when done) to get the 1800 points I will need plus spend another $200 on the Discovery.  So I will have spent $500 just to get a second Ulysses, sounds rather stupid on my behalf more then risky.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I needed to purchase $300 worth of lego (including the Pooh set that I will review in that thread when done) to get the 1800 points I will need plus spend another $200 on the Discovery.  So I will have spent $500 just to get a second Ulysses, sounds rather stupid on my behalf more then risky.  

Should have just bought a couple Andrea's Houses for the 2x VIP - 1820 pts right there :D.

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

thanks guess we really don't know if they apply a redemption limit to the same street address for a rewards redemption shippable gift such as the coins, prints and so forth like actual sets that you could order over the limits on two accounts.  if the only thing you are going over on the shipment to the address is the rewards item over its limit.  I would guess there is not a limit.  not sure if it is worth $500 to get one space shuttle, two ulysses and something else for $300 lol.  interesting idea

5 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

thanks guess we really don't know if they apply a redemption limit to the same street address for a rewards redemption shippable gift such as the coins, prints and so forth like actual sets that you could order over the limits on two accounts.  if the only thing you are going over on the shipment to the address is the rewards item over its limit.  I would guess there is not a limit.  not sure if it is worth $500 to get one space shuttle, two ulysses and something else for $300 lol.  interesting idea

That's if you even get a Ulysses, not really a guarantee. It's quite interesting but like he's said it's more risky just spending the money to get the points especially when you really have no idea of VIP rewards value etc. :)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

That's if you even get a Ulysses, not really a guarantee. It's quite interesting but like he's said it's more risky just spending the money to get the points especially when you really have no idea of VIP rewards value etc. :)

I like his risk just trying to decide if I should go down that path or not lol

6 hours ago, keymomachine said:

Should have just bought a couple Andrea's Houses for the 2x VIP - 1820 pts right there :D.

Ha, actually did that today. My kids really wanted it and I needed an excuse to redeem my Octan coin. Win-win?

At least it also came with the Carrot House GWP and some VIDIYO sticker figure thing...

6 minutes ago, eliminator said:

So, any details on the Ulysses VIP code thing? Will go live at midnight? Do you have to buy the shuttle first? Or will it be an "option" at checkout? I'm still not sure how this is going to work...

Would have been a nice GWP, instead of some points redemption scheme.

think it is tomorrow night 3-31

Edited by starwarsxpress
  • Like 1